1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Display Cabinet

Discussion in 'Tabletop Games' started by Von Smallhausen, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Warbie

Soldato

Ogryn in the house!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  2. Shamikebab

Caporegime

Something a bit different from me, a repaint of a Disney infinity model. Was a lot of fun to paint! Model was much better than I expected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sega Mega Dave

Mobster

I know this is not well painted by the standards set in this thread. That said this is the first ever model I’ve painted, I wish I had done the skin lighter as there is a lot of dark colours already.

Advice and criticisms welcome to help me improve on future models. I’ve enjoyed doing it but want to get much better.

[​IMG]

4. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

Nothing stopping you doing another layer on top and re-highlight? :)

That being said, it still looks good. You could alternatively use a thinned wash (like Reikland Flesh for instance) and build up another soft layer of shadows, working only in the crevices. That would make the rest of the skin tone brighten up by comparison.

5. Warbie

Soldato

Good work mate. Guy looks mean!

I reckon a little pin washing where parts of the model meet - flesh meets leather / armour / weapon etc - would help things pop a good deal. If you want to keep it simple, a dark brown wash (gw agrax earthshade) works for almost everything. Use a smallish brush, don't have too much wash on it and carefully trace where the parts meet. A sepia wash (gw seraphim sepia) should look good on the cloth handles where the bits of cloth meet.

6. Shamikebab

Caporegime

Finished my Fuegan repaint for the Eavier Metal 20 year challenge (paint a sculpt over 20 years old) I've included a picture of the first paintjob I did on him when I was a kid for amusement :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. No1newts

Capodecina

Amazing work.

8. Warbie

Soldato

Love it. He looks mean as hell.

9. rs155

Gangster

love that model, but the one you painted as a kid are the propper colours. nice job by the way

10. Warbie

Soldato

My Scavvy gang is coming along! They've been a good opportunity to try new things and get out the comfort zone. There's about 6 more to do, so watch this space ..

[​IMG]

11. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

My latest completed large model, Kurdoss The Craven King.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm9agnIj0O5/

Posting from my phone so cant post just the image :D some of the Nighthaunt models are great fun to paint.