The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
Hmm, lots of different information. I really hope its a new engine, but I have a feeling us PC players will be held back by consoles.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
I seem to remember it being mentioned they did yes. They instead made Health, Magicka and Stamina directly connected to your skill levels (and level) so they will readjust the moment you get a skill increase. 1 hell of a dumbed down system.

Either way, been playing a little Oblivion today. Decided to start again as a Warrior born under The Warrior (much like my Mage born under The Mage and my Assassin born under The Thief, original eh :D).

I can only hope its not too hard to change the system back to something that doesn't suck.

Because we all know changing numbers= gameplay.

I'm all up for it if it makes the experience better.

Considering I never played Oblivion with any mods, I don't really care about mod support for this.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
OR

We could wait until we've seen the thing being played/played it ourselves, before drawing ridiculous conclusions on a few bullet points. This is like Antihype.

OH KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE, THE WHOLE GAME MUST BE ****

This.

See how the game plays before cracking out the ' Oh no this game will suck'.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
Fun watch, either way the hype train will nail a best seller when they throw up cinematics like that on top of the ip.

I was thinking more gothic, morrowind.... then i see people saying more oblivion, thats implanted the seeds of doubt.

Like somebody said on this forum, oblivion was very much generic high fantasy, morrowind being totaly unique in it's style... personaly i just loved that.

Look forward to seeing more of it though:)

I preferred Oblivions 'high fantasy' to Morrowinds grey and brown, so this looks great :D

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
Considering I like Oblivion, this looks pretty awesome. Love the new info coming out. I think people see Morrowind with rose tinted glasses tbh, whilst it is good, its not super amazing.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
It'll be just like Oblivion, mediocre console crap until the modders turn it into something half decent. So about 6-12 months after release it may be worth playing. Mods like Blood&Mud, The Lost Spires, OOO, Aesgaard, etc saved Oblivion for me....

Really? I enjoyed Oblivion, and finished it almost on vanilla, just with a graphics improvement and the menu rejig. I didn't change any game play though.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
my first oblivion char had athletics, acrobatics and sneak in his major skills (was going to a kind of stealthy nimble bow and poison assassin)

Levelled up insanely fast cause of al lthe running and jumping and got brutally raped by the level scaled glass armoured bandits.

Which is probably what would happen in real life tbh.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
OP
wvzb54.png

Can buy retail now if it's cheaper.

Ah, you beat me to it :) Great news though imo.

Back
Top Bottom