The Essential Android Games Thread.

Associate
Seeing as we have a essential apps thread I didn't see one for games so I'd thought I'd create one to gather everyone's opinion of great games on the android platform.

Call of Duty®: Strike Team

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Screenshot_2014_06_13_06_20_26.png

Call of Duty®: Strike Team delivers an all-new, first-person and third-person Call of Duty® experience built from the ground up for mobile and tablet devices. Fully customize your squad’s loadouts and abilities before leading them into combat in diverse gameplay environments. Call of Duty®: Strike Team features the revolutionary ability to dynamically switch from run-and-gun first-person view to reconnaissance and coordinated squad attacks in third-person view.

The year is 2020. Tensions run high amongst the world’s superpowers. In a surprise attack, the U.S. finds themselves in a war with an unknown enemy. Your mission is to lead a Joint Special Operations Team in a global effort to hunt down those responsible.

Play your way. Switch between first-person and third-person action at almost any time. Strategically customize the members of your squad with weapons, perks or body armor.
CAMPAIGN MODE: Experience an immersive single-player campaign full of epic, cinematic moments in diverse locations around the world.
SURVIVAL MODE: Put your skills to the test as you fight off waves of increasingly difficult enemies. Compete against family, friends and the Call of Duty®: Strike Team community for leaderboard domination.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitman GO

snip.png

hit.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareenixmontreal.hitmango

Get your daily fix of Agent 47 with this elegant, strategy-based Hitman game!
Hitman GO is a turn-based puzzle game with beautifully rendered diorama-style set pieces. You will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out your target or infiltrate well-guarded locations. You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises, distractions, sniper rifles and even 47’s iconic Silverballers.
With Hitman GO, you’ll experience:
• Challenging puzzles that put your assassination skills to the test
• Beautiful scale model-style visuals
• Environments with secret passageways and off-limit areas
• Agent 47’s tools of the trade: Distractions, disguises, hiding spots, sniper rifles and even the iconic Silverballers
• Different enemy types with unique and deadly behaviours
• Different ways of completing each level, silently or forcefully

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Stickman Golf 2

Fantastic little golf game, you can play real time online and race up to 4 players to reach the hold first out of 9 holes, really addictive and you get power ups as you level up.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.ssg2

golf.png

gold2.jpg

20 Dynamic Courses. Never have the links been better looking or as unique as now. Moving obstacles, portals, magnets and more await you on the most creative courses to date.
Turn Based Multiplayer. Challenge golfers from all over the world to Turn Based multiplayer fun! Challenge random opponents or use the NEW Username Search to challenge your friends directly.
Customizable Characters. Stand out from the crowd with new unlock-able characters and even more valuable hats. Each hat contains a unique ability and some are more rare than others. Can you collect them all and become a certified Super Stickman Golf Legend?
** Features **
* Online Multiplayer
* 180 Challenging Holes
* 53 Achievements
* 28 Hats
* 10 Golfers
* NEW Powerups
* Dynamic Courses

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worms 3

Yes worms is back! This time with better weapons, better graphics and what we have wanted for so long... ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! It's not real time though unfortunately, its turn based, so you send your turn and wait for the other player to take his, but you do get too see his move etc..
Really addictive!

images.jpg

IMG_20140602_205408.jpg

IMG_20140602_205451.jpg

IMG_20140602_205436.jpg

Will keep this updated every day.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a big fan of Great Little War Game and Great Big War Game for turn based strategy games.

On my wishlist I have OpenTTD, Transport Tycoon, Delver and Frozen Synapse; if anyone has any thoughts on what they are like?

Worms is a great game :) Have been playing it since the Symbian days of Sony-Ericsson P910i in 2005, which was my first PDA-phone. However Deltalinx, Worms falls under the genre of turn-based artillery games, like with Scorched Earth back in the 1990s. The game is turn-based by design, not as a limitation.

I know that Bejeweled is old hat now, but if anyone still got the bug for match-3 genre, then I highly recommend Frozen Freefall. The horizontal screenshot below is off my desktop PC running as a Windows 8 Metro app. On the phone (Android), it can be either horiz or vertical, the latter showing the character above the board instead of side. Characters gives you different power-ups and you can normally choose before each level. Oh, and it's in-app purchases, but I've managed to get to level 130-odd so far without any purchases.

frozenfreefall_zpsbc3e2166.png

Soldato
Finally an Android gaming thread!

I used to get the train to work and would spend 10h a week on my tablet or Vita so I'm pretty experienced with the "AAA" Android games like GTA San Andreas, Ravenshield and Mass Effect. All three are really very good and worth trying, especially if you hook up a Dualshock 3 or 360 controller- San Andreas even displays the relevant button Prompts. I don't get as much time for Android gaming as I drive to work now but I will still complete Mass Effect and San Andreas on my tablet.

I did have a whole host of screenshots but they got deleted in The Great Dropbox Clean of 2014 :(

Associate
Any good tower defense recommendations? I think I have the first result when searched for tower defense installed (with the gems and the wood as resources). It's pretty good, but I'm sure there's better.

Soldato
sonic 2 - i dont know how many platforms I will play this game on before I die, but its just so...comforting, reminds me of my childhood

I really hated playing this on my phone, the controls were just too imprecise for me to play :(

Oh well, just use Sound Test 19, 65, 09, 17 for level select.

Soldato
PixelDungeon - It is free and amazing little dungeon crawler, very tough and addictive.

The levels are randomly generated so it never gets old.

Back
Top Bottom