The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Circular argument... Getting out of the EU will not fix a supposed immigration problem. It has been discussed to death.

As I see it:

In EU = our government not allowed to fix the immigration problem.
Out of EU = our government is able to fix the immigration problem if it wants.

Yes there is definitely a problem with immigration to this country at the moment.

Don
So those with a good life and earning a decent wage want to keep the status quo whilst those struggling under Tory austerity who are low paid want change? I'm shocked. Oh wait, you were just insinuating that out voters are idiots, nvm.

I did nothing of the sort. I merely stated what the breakdown of votes are within my social group. Not sure how that is insinuating that anyone is an idiot.

Soldato
Fantastic. Remainers/Leavers now trading insults based on when in the day they choose to vote. Pathetic, chidlish squabbling just like the whole campaign.

The whole campaign has seen the whole nation turn into a toxic cess pit of sniping a **** flinging. It has just divided people and exacerbated their bigoted viewpoint.

No doubt when the results come out there will be the finger pointing. The traitors that changed their minds, "project fear" worked and the nation is doomed within 15yrs.

Pathetic.

Caporegime
don't count your eggs yet dude, I bet 50% of the population haven't voted yet as most ppl are working.

I laugh at the bookies if brexit wins

Why would you laugh at the bookies. They are desperate for brexit to win. Out of 50m bet on betfair, over 40m is on remain. If it's the same pattern across all the other bookies a leave win would see the bookies in absolute clover. They would win hundreds of millions.

Caporegime
It's fear. Even all the hinden worries about remain you all are not allowing yourself to see about the remain campaign that you probably agree with deep down .... Your scared , unsure and that pushes you to bottle it. But your choice....

Yes, anyone voting to remain in the EU must be scared.

How lucky we are that we have people like you to protect us?

Soldato
As I see it:

In EU = our government not allowed to fix the immigration problem.
Out of EU = our government is able to fix the immigration problem if it wants.

Yes there is definitely a problem with immigration to this country at the moment.

But non of the leave campaign have ever said they will definitely lower it.

Soldato
Sounds like short-term thinking, especially with that last point. Project fear done you in then?

Way to focus on the least substantiative argument. Yeah I saw Cameron's innocent lil face on the tellybob and thought "ooooh no sounds bad to leave".

IMHO, the country's in the gutters because of our government, not the EU, so leaving the EU is only going to introduce a whole swathe of new things for our politicians to fumble.

Soldato
That is very close and will be a totally unsatsifactory result in terms of the country moving on (which it won't). That would be tens of millions voting to leave. The country will be split down the middle.

You can't simply move on when the issues are fundamental. Civil wars have been fought for less. If remain win I would expect the EU question to be big at the GE.

Welcome to what happened in Scotland after the indyref.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom