The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Our population is so high because of council estate queens popping out 9 mites for the benefits, not because of immigration.

The left love bashing poor white people, it's great because they're not considered a minority so it's totally fine to be as derogatory as you like. Say the same about Muslims popping out 9 kids and you'll have the Police on your door step.

Soldato
With the majority being working tax payers.

And from outside the EU.

All of them have had their educated funded by another countries government and are here ready to work.

Bargain!

So not taking tax credits, child care benfits or anything else? They are entirely self-funding?

Well, they easily out pay their cost on a whole.

Soldato
I know (have known) so many people who retired abroad to Spain and other places. Sure they used the Spanish healthcare system but as soon as they get something seriously wrong with them they're back to England to the system they understand and to be near their family. This idea that British ex-pats are a drain on the health budgets of their host nations just isn't true.

By the same logic, EU born nationals wouldn't be a burden on our services either.

Associate
And that's why they aren't joining the EU.

They have expressed a wish and aspiration to join the EU and the EU have set down a list of conditions to be met in order to gain membership. Turkey wont be joining until those conditions are met.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to understand :confused:

Not a problem :)
To be fair, Turkey joining would be somewhat of an achievement (if they legitimately passed all the conditions) as that would mean the EU helped halt the problems they was having within a short period of time. My worry is whether they do legitimately meet all the conditions or just get a bit of a free pass though.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

So not taking tax credits, child care benfits or anything else? They are entirely self-funding?

Poor argument.

1: Tax credits are only paid to those working.
2: Child benefit is payable to those earning upto £60k.
3: Child care vouchers are claimable by anyone working.

So you can claim all the above, and still be a net contributor, although it's marginal if you're claiming tax credits, but certainly counts for the last two.

Associate
What number do you think it COULD become if we left. Take an optimistic guess and say roughly what change they would implement.

The ones you dont know about are illegals, which will continue to migrate.

The number over the long term would decrease as we regain border control and stop taking orders from Brussels. It's not going to change overnight but the reason our migration is now so high is in large due to the EU dictating to us.

With the majority being working tax payers.

That's hardly the point, again shortsightedness by the remain lot, what about the pressure on our public services, housing, education etc. Taxes don't fix that.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

To be fair, Turkey joining would be somewhat of an achievement (if they legitimately passed all the conditions) as that would mean the EU helped halt the problems they was having within a short period of time.

Exactly my thoughts - would be a great example of the EU being a good force for change.

My worry is whether they do legitimately meet all the conditions or just get a bit of a free pass though.

A valid concern, I have faith though from previous entry rounds.

Soldato
The left love bashing poor white people, it's great because they're not considered a minority so it's totally fine to be as derogatory as you like. Say the same about Muslims popping out 9 kids and you'll have the Police on your door step.

Mostly, it's the right who love bashing the poor white people. See Daily Mail.

Personally, as an avowed lefty, I rather cringed at MoMoo's comment.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

That's hardly the point, again shortsightedness by the remain lot, what about the pressure on our public services, housing, education etc. Taxes don't fix that.

Well, taxes help, then you need a competent government to administer it.

Caporegime
By the same logic, EU born nationals wouldn't be a burden on our services either.

Amazingly - it's not as simple as that! In general terms, British emigrants tend to be retirees who have family back home in the UK. Immigrants to Britain tend to be of working age, so we see lots of them settle down here and start families, which means by the time they're old and in need of serious medical attention, they will understand the UK system and their families will be here. Indeed we are seeing this happening today with immigrants from the Commonwealth who came across in the '60s and '70s.

Soldato
I guarantee that all the fence sitters will vote remain. It's the sensible thing to do. I will be voting leave but I know it's futile. The bookies even have this as a clean sweep. 1/10 on remain at the moment.
I expect it to be similar to what the forum pole is now 222 remain vs 199 leave. Seems about right 60/40
Mind they were wrong with the last general election.

Permabanned
Found this quite intresting ..i'm voting out personally, if we wasn't in the EU we wouldn't vote to join after we saw whats happened to countries like Greece, and for me we went to nott one but two world wars ... now we have people in Brussels and Germany making laws in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom