The FA CUP Fourth Round ** Spoilers ** [24th - 27th January 2020]

Don
People are going to make a thing of this not because he's going to pick a young team but because he's announced from the outset that he's going to pick a u23 team and more importantly, that he won't be there himself. He's admitted in the press-conference, he could easily be there and manage the side himself (although thinks that would be wrong regardless) and that there's a few players that would benefit from the game (although not massively) but he's taking a stand over this.

Man of Honour
Im with Klopp on this one, this country needs the winter break, not having one has undoubtedly been a factor in our international tournament performances, just look at the last few weeks, Rashford, Vardy, Kane, Abraham, all getting injuries. Coincedence it could be, but a winter break will help the England team, I've no doubt about it. As for playing the kids, I dont mind it really, we moan like mad that managers dont give our young british players match time and heres another chance to give them a match. I bet Williams, Elliott and Curtis Jones have learned more this season than in all their previous time put together. I actually wouldnt mind those kids playing in every FA Cup match this season, as a reward for what they've already done this year.

Theres perhaps a case to argue that Klopp should be present but if the team will be Liverpools U23 then there is some sense in having their U23 manager in charge. Also, given the pressures that Klopp has been under last season and this, to deliver the title after 30 years, I cant say that I begrudge him a mental break from the game for a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom