The first ever tyre thread.

Soldato
Evening all,

The Wan Lis on the front of my Accord are at about 1.2mm now so I think it's about time I got some new ones. Any recommendations for the cheapest supplier?

.. Just kidding ;)

195/60/15. Got some NCT5s on atm but I'm not *that* impressed with them. They're noisy and are terrible in the wet. I have some Avon ZV5s on the back which are quite good. So it's either those, or perhaps some Goodyear Excellence. Or Conti Premium Contact 2 perhaps? Anyone else got any suggestions for decent tyres for such a car? I don't want any hard wearing eco ********, nor do I need/want a soft compound performance tyre like a T1-R that won't last 10k (I've had 22k out of these NCT5s and there's 2.5-3mm tread left), just a good all rounder.

Cheers :)

Soldato
GF's fiesta had premium contacts and they were terrible in the wet. when it had just started to rain you had to tip toe about as it would understeer quite readily

im gonna recommend my usual. they last really well too

Soldato
My new fiesta came with Hankook Ventus S1 evo K107s on and I can't fault them. Good levels of grip in the dry and wet, low road noise, and they've worn slowly.

If I could make any criticism, its that they look rather dull though.

Back
Top Bottom