The Fountain Pen Thread

Soldato
Does anyone else really like fountain pens? I'm looking to get one as I am starting University next month, and I haven't owned one for a few years, so I'm a bit behind on the latest news.

Tips and reviews welcome :D.

Soldato
OP
:cry::cry::cry: I remember those days at school, used to be able to flick ink on the wall the opposite side of the classroom. But yeah I never quite understood the reasoning - I guess ink is generally a bit nicer than biro, but can make a right mess.

Frankly I would have said it should only be used during English lessons, all other subjects and biro or pencil would suffice.
It is like the old saying. The Americans spent millions on making a pen work in zero gravity. The Russians used pencils.

Soldato
OP
Blimey, I completely forgot about this thread. My sister gave me my Dad's old fountain pen, which is really nice. I just need to get some replacement nibs for it now.

Soldato
OP
I am disappointed that you posted this without a picture :(
e0XWwm0.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I spoke to Waterman about the fountain pen I mentioned above, and apparently, they no longer make it or parts for it so they have offered me 50% off a brand new fountain pen. They have some really nice ones so I'm looking through what is available.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not a fountain pen question - but has anyone found a pen that writes as well/effortlessly without the maintenance of a fountain pen? E.g. like a gel pen or something? My lamy ballpoint is giving me wrist ache and my other fountain pens are all in disrepair at the moment...
I use Pilot G2 07 pens as my day to day writing tool. Cheap and feel good in the hand and to write with.

Back
Top Bottom