• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Probably a price to match too sadly, But hey look at the bright side, They'll take so long to release it I won't have any excuse for not having saved enough :D

Exactly!

My issue with that is I constantly have my old man nagging me to upgrade his Solidworks workstation.
Issue is what he wants makes the new Titan X looks comparatively cheap. :(

Told him I'd give him a new silent chassis and semi workstation card after I upgrade. Hint: His getting my hotbox H440, and Fury X :p

Not going to buy him a FirePro W9100 :eek:

Caporegime
Have one arriving tomorrow for my matx build. Should be interesting to see how this one works as all in all I've went through 4 fury x cards, 2 that were mine and 2 others for other builds for people. Every one of them had the pump whine issue, that's despite all the amd rhetoric that "it was an issue that affected only a small number of units yadda yadda".

Personally i think amd didn't bother to fix anything and it was left as a crap-shoot with some having the issue and some not, and it being a luck of the draw situation more than anything else.

If this one also suffers with it i'm gonna hit the roof, in all that will be 5 affected with the issue, 3 of which bought 9 months plus after the issue was first identified and supposedly "fixed".

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried overclocking my Sapphire Fury Nitro recently and completely failed. I set powerlimit to 50%, core voltage to +75mv and increased my core from 1050 to 1100, it crashed near instantly. I know that's quick and dirty way of doing it, but I wanted a quick assessment of it's OC ability. Temps are <75 and it's rock solid on both of its profiles at the stock speed 1050/500.

Is there something special about Fury's I'm missing or have I just lost the silicone lottery?

Caporegime
I tried overclocking my Sapphire Fury Nitro recently and completely failed. I set powerlimit to 50%, core voltage to +75mv and increased my core from 1050 to 1100, it crashed near instantly. I know that's quick and dirty way of doing it, but I wanted a quick assessment of it's OC ability. Temps are <75 and it's rock solid on both of its profiles at the stock speed 1050/500.

Is there something special about Fury's I'm missing or have I just lost the silicone lottery?

Fury cards in general seem to have barely any overclocking capability =/ 1100-1120 or so is usually possible but not always.

The speculation was that its basically at its limits out of the box as is, with core clocks speeds probably originally being 900mhz or so, but bumped up because of the 980 ti.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fury cards in general seem to have barely any overclocking capability =/ 1100-1120 or so is usually possible but not always.

The speculation was that its basically at its limits out of the box as is, with core clocks speeds probably originally being 900mhz or so, but bumped up because of the 980 ti.

Thanks. I figured as much, nevermind! I'd read something like that previously, but a few of the reviews said it has great OC potential. I took that with a pinch of salt though.

Permabanned

That's a shame, I think it's the lottery but to be honest but the difference the overclock does make isn't much, My Fury tri-x overclocked edition come at 1040 stock and the 100% stable (in everything I've tried it with) overclock with voltage is only 1130 so if you can run 1090 that's going to equate to a 1 or 2 fps difference between yours and mine which is hardly worth it.
Day to day I run mine at stock which is 1040 on the core and 500 on the memory and it runs everything great at 1440p through vsr on a 1080p panel. I moved to a 2560x1080 21:9 monitor yesterday and again the stock clocks do fine. At the end of day I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom