• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Noticed that the new Radeon drivers now include Wattman for Fury cards, so decided to try overlocking my Fury Xs. I enabled manual voltage control and noticed that my primary card has a default voltage for the top 3 states of 1.250v! (confirmed with Aida64 too) I take it that's terrible right?

It seems as though that is also the maximum voltage as it won't let me increase it. Managed to get 5% OC on it though, better than nothing! Might try for 550 on the memory.

Either way, they have both been running amazingly well at stock and have not encountered any Crossfire issues at all.
Wattman is rubbish it's just amd overdrive with a different name :/ trixx and afterburner are much better. Also the memory oc really really helps if you can get 600mhz the that's a nice 20% bump.

X3T

X3T

Associate
I tried overclocking the memory using Trixx to 545. It boosted Heaven scores but made zero difference in 3DMark or game benchmarks, so I just set it back to stock.

What overclock are you running with Wattman?

Associate
@Fiji owners

While back did some HBM clock testing. I was a disbeliever on HBM having steps, but I do now believe it does and AMDMatt was giving correct info. In this post on OCN Fiji bios mod thread me and other members tested HBM clock steps.

Next some GPU/HBM clock benchs in 3DM FS / FSE / FSU, over 250 benchs :) , link to OCN thread.

OP will soon have more data, showing how differing ASIC quality didn't lead to better performance scaling at same clocks. Why I wanted to investigate that was due to how voltage increase can impact Fiji performance scaling negatively. Higher ASIC quality showed no improved performance scaling with increased voltage vs lower ASIC quality. In the tests it also showed higher ASIC quality GPU drew more Amps over VRM vs lower quality ASIC, which The Stilt has highlighted several times in several threads, Hawaii bios mod OP on OCN has quotes of The Stilt on ASIC quality.

There will soon also be TS benchs and other sections for discussion :) .

I have not done games testing yet, due to a number of reasons. For example I may do something different in game between each run. I may test some games with in game benchs as they would be set GPU work load.

Soldato
Still got mine, it’s in my Ryzen build now:
WP_20170424_19_59_26_Pro_zpsadtriy5r.jpg

Soldato
Yup, I'm resurrecting this thread again!

Right, so I've re-installed mine (replaced a GTX 980), gonna see how this goes again.

Are there any tips/tricks people remember to get these cards running best?
Are there specific drivers I should be using or just the latest?
Is there any downside to overclocking in Afterburner? (Doesn't have P6 and P7 states like the Vega cards does it?)

Not sure how well this overclocks, what seems like a good starting place to try? (I don't want to go up in increments of 5 starting at 1050/500 if most cards will do 1200/650 or something, but also don't wanna start too high)

Soldato
Yup, I'm resurrecting this thread again!

Right, so I've re-installed mine (replaced a GTX 980), gonna see how this goes again.

Are there any tips/tricks people remember to get these cards running best?
Are there specific drivers I should be using or just the latest?
Is there any downside to overclocking in Afterburner? (Doesn't have P6 and P7 states like the Vega cards does it?)

Not sure how well this overclocks, what seems like a good starting place to try? (I don't want to go up in increments of 5 starting at 1050/500 if most cards will do 1200/650 or something, but also don't wanna start too high)

Use MSI AB no problem there. Go to the settings and select the override stuff.
If the FuryX patched with the official AMD Firmware from April 2016? If not do it, it will improve your perf and overclocks.
Latest drivers will do, don't activate Wattman AT ALL. Keep away from it if you want to OC the VRAM.

If I remember correctly +24 voltage, Maximum power limit, allowed 1100 HBM and 1180-1190 core.

Caporegime
Don't want to speak for @LtMatt but I would point out that the above quote is from 3rd August 2015.

Over 7 years ago.

I thought you didn't go traipsing through old posts? Your comments for 10GB being absolutely fine for all games at 4K may look just as silly in 7 years :D
What the hell... :p

Is debunker up to his old tricks again? Oh man, this brings back some memories looking at posts from seven years ago. :D

Ugh, I called @Dicehunter Brotein shake. Gonna stop looking at old posts, they belong in the past. :cry:

Edit, Big oof. When that post was made I was rocking this setup... :D
VeJ9QLN.png
Those Fury X were £600 a pop bought from OcuK. That was the last Quad Fire setup I had...

Caporegime
What the hell... :p

Is debunker up to his old tricks again? Oh man, this brings back some memories looking at posts from seven years ago. :D

Ugh, I called @Dicehunter Brotein shake. Gonna stop looking at old posts, they belong in the past. :cry:

Edit, Big oof. When that post was made I was rocking this setup... :D
VeJ9QLN.png
Those Fury X were £600 a pop bought from OcuK. That was the last Quad Fire setup I had...
@Bill Turnip, I found the context to the post I think. I uploaded a video to my YT channel when I was rocking 2x Fury X, GTA V 4K using x2 MSAA just like in those posts. :D
For some reason back then I showed the image quality settings at the end of the video. :p

Back
Top Bottom