The future of battlefield/DICE.

Soldato
OP
It's too lucrative a franchise for them to not be working on a BC3/B4 title.

As for Medal of Honor, MoH:Warfighter has been announced already. It's using Frostbite 2, but DICE won't be developing.

They have confirmed there will be a BF4.

If they do a micro transaction based game wouldn’t that mean the game will have a longer shelve life?

For me the best part about bf2 what a lot of people over look is the fantastic medal and rank system, when you saw a 4 star general you knew this guy was the bee’s knee’s! I personally would quite happily pay £5 a month for an ultimate Battlefield game that included all the maps from previous game and different modes/mod’s within the game… I .e 1943, Vietnam, 2142 etc etc.

I abandoned all hope, long ago.

My guess would be: some sort of free to play micro transaction game or something aimed towards monthly subscriptions.

We've started seeing it more and more from COD premium membership rumours, take that and DICE already allowing people to buy weapon packs.

It seems to be the next logical step.

Bf3 isn’t that bad, the more I play it the more I like it tbh. But you can see this game isn’t meant to be played longer than 24 months…. I mean I’ve only got 100hrs logged and got all ribbons and over half the medals.

Soldato
OP
The future? According to the 21,000 post reply on the BF3 forum regarding the latest PC/PS3 patch - they don't have one ;)

Seriously, when people start posting rants with avatar's showing self made pictures of themselves wearing terrorist masks calling for a petition - you have to start to worry for the future ;)

With COD franchise starting to show cracks and with the head producer of Activition stepping down, some thing will step in to fill the void… Every1 moaned like hell when BF2 came out, it took them until v1.41 to settled people down.

Battlefield will always have a market, I cant see any other publisher who could take the COD crown other than an FPS from DICE…. Possibly Valve!?!?!??

Soldato
OP
It does seem likely that they'll try to milk the cash cow for all it's worth. That's not the end of the world for me, as long as they produce a well-finished, challenging and fun game, and that's where they seem to fall down.
For anyone hoping for a return to the days of BF2, that ain't gonna happen.

Never know… if they create a subscription based game all their income will generate from people wanting to play the game, nothing would make them move quicker than a few 1000 cancelled subscriptions… again I’d pay £5/month for a game which would keep me going for 4 – 5 years!

Soldato
OP
Have i missed something? What's wrong with BF3?

I would like to think that they'll do a a futuristic BF game, love 2142, the concept of it was brilliant but in reality it was laggy as hell with those titans.

Yeah I totally agree with that, was a big hater of the game to begin with, but as time has gone on unlike a lot of others I’ve actually tried other game modes and made the effort to learn the vehicles which adds a whole new aspect to the game.

But yeah I’d be gobsmacked if they’d didn’t release at least an addon of 2142.

Soldato
OP
LoL, no matey you really didn't, you saw someone who was unemployed and had no life. The ranking system in BF2 was barbaric, more than any other aspect about that game the ranking was what turned me away from it very quickly. I still played it competitively but my pub enjoyment was done within 200 hours.

I played both BC2 and BF3 for longer publicly. BF3 is a shallow run and gun FPS and nothing more, I've quit that as well since about 5 weeks ago due to not "knowing" anyone else who plays it but from a fun POV it eclipsed BF2 in almost every aspect, from a competitive POV though it was complete rubbish.

I will admit our guys have been struggling to get a match, that said we have at least two matches a week.

Also am i the only one who wasn't that keen on BC2? Dont get me wrong it was a great game, but to me BF3 is far far better!

Back
Top Bottom