The Gentlemen | Netflix

Soldato
Haven't finished it yet. Overall really enjoying it.

However the weed dude drives me nuts. They've written him to be so unbelievably stupid it irrationally annoys me.

Soldato
Haven't finished it yet. Overall really enjoying it.

However the weed dude drives me nuts. They've written him to be so unbelievably stupid it irrationally annoys me.

He is their cultivator/grower - so essential. However, he is also their biggest liability, no way he would be the grower and driver, but i guess it's needed for the plot to move on. He's also smoking all day, every day, so he's going to be frazzled! But, yeah annoying.

Last edited:

Rab

Rab

Associate
watched it over weekend, long time since binged a show, really liked it. not many make good tv of a film, this one deffo did

Associate
Watched it all now, really enjoyed it, not really like the film but as a standalone series lets hope we have season 2 and 3.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
First episode was great really captured the elements from the movie. Expected nothing less from Guy Ritchie.

Commissario
Finished it last night, really enjoyed it and hoping for a second season although I wouldn’t be surprised if they left it at that.

Associate
I’m a few episodes in and its ok.

I accepted a long time ago that he peaked with Snatch and Lock Stock. Everything since feels cheesy and over the top in comparison… it’s like he made those first two films giving zero tosses about what an American audience would think hence why the films and the character's within them feel so authentic.

Everything since then has felt like him trying to make similar stuff but with an american audience in mind. Hence why the characters are more over the top, there are less witty one liners and it all feels a bit dumbed down and lacks the British charm that snatch etc had.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Set in same universe, but you don't need to watch the movie - although the movie itself is a very good watch!

Just finished it all, mad, dark, but what a ride - enjoyed that :)

just finished it myself, pretty good. I cant wait for the next season.

Back
Top Bottom