The Godfather Box set

Associate
Went into town at lunchtime and bought this today, and am curious, i bought it because the amount of people who say its great is a lot :p

Never seen any of them before, what am i likely to expect? Should i be looking forward to going home to watch them right now? :p

Sic

Sic

Soldato
i wouldn't expect to watch them all tonight!

they're a banquet...marvellous films! third isn't as good...but 1 and 2 are totally awesome. the kind of film that's so good, you'll only watch it a couple of times...unless you're really weird! :p

scarface is good too, but it's pretty different imo...Godfather has a better story.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Part II is generally considered the best but I preferred Part I, possibly because I read the book first and the movies seemed to deviate from the structure (the book is also in 3 sections but they dont relate exactly to the 3 movies) a bit and I lost the flow of the story by the end of Part II. I've not watched Part III.

This proably goes without saying but don't dare browse the 'net as you watch them. The acting is superb and there is a lot said without words.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Tru said:
Part II is generally considered the best but I preferred Part I

Me too. James Caan is superb in the first film and tops off an already amazing cast. The third part is OK but rather political for my tastes - I also found it fairly infuriating because of Andy Garcia's character's attitude, though he plays the part well.

Associate
i bought the box set after everyone said it was good and tbh i didnt like it found it really boring watched 1 and 2 didnt bother with 3 and sold it

Soldato
Watching this the now, is it weird that there is no subtitles when there speaking itialian?

Go back to the menu, go into 'extras' or 'subtitles', whatever is there and select English subtitles for Italian. I've bought a few DVD's recently that require this. I have no idea why their doing this now.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Coppola only made a third movie because he got into a spot of bother, financially.

Back
Top Bottom