The Great Big FFP Debate

Would it make the slightest bit of difference if the rules changed tomorrow and you could spend what you like. City broke the rules when they were in place. The fact they are not there any more doesn't change that.

Lol....'if we have to adhere to the rules look what will happen'. Just straight up admitting it aren't they

Football just gets more and more ridiculous by the day, you really couldn’t make it up! Here we have a club who clearly took advantage if a dodgy loophole in sponsorship when signing a dodgy deal with a company owned by the same people who own the club deciding to throw all their toys out of the pram when the loophole is closed. The whole things needs a reset the sums of money in the game are just out of control and inevitably lead to rank corruption and greed

Any more than a 6 point deduction wouldn't be fair on the fans.

If Man united, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal had any backbone they would resign from the Prem and rejoin a new improved football league, they could call it the no Manchester's league, they are only allowed one.

I think that is somewhat inevitable anyway. City will likely be spearheading it though.
Hopefully it will eventually eat itself, football is such a mess and the sums of money they manage to extract from people are mind boggling. Tickets are extortionate, merchandise a laughable rip off and the cost of the crazy number of subscriptions you need to watch the game on TV ludicrous surely one day it will crumble?

Football seems to have just become all consuming I don’t remember it being like this in my child hood it seems like the pro game barely stops for a summer break these days and at grass roots/kids level it is continuous now.

Hopefully it will eventually eat itself, football is such a mess and the sums of money they manage to extract from people are mind boggling. Tickets are extortionate, merchandise a laughable rip off and the cost of the crazy number of subscriptions you need to watch the game on TV ludicrous surely one day it will crumble?

Football seems to have just become all consuming I don’t remember it being like this in my child hood it seems like the pro game barely stops for a summer break these days and at grass roots/kids level it is continuous now.
It's funny that they wanted to stop sky becoming a monopoly for football in this country so now you need 3 subscriptions instead of 1

It's funny that they wanted to stop sky becoming a monopoly for football in this country so now you need 3 subscriptions instead of 1
I remember thinking at the time how is splitting the rights going to be good for the consumer! The only way it would have worked is if they insisted all games were shown on multiple networks as then you would have had choice and competition otherwise it was always just going to cost the fan more and amusingly allowed sky to charge the same for less content!

I think it is only a matter of time before a breakaway happens at some point. Way too much money involved now.

and? Can you name the big five that were pushing it? :D
Everton have been ***** since its inception and Spurs were mid table fodder until a little over a decade ago (hell you could argue they still are mid table fodder apart from a small 5 year spell). If it was all about 'protecting the interests' of the rich clubs how come you lot were relegated when you were one of the biggest spenders around after getting promoted?

Last edited:
Everton have been ***** since its inception and Spurs were mid table fodder until a little over a decade ago (hell you could argue they still are mid table fodder apart from a small 5 year spell). If it was all about 'protecting the interests' of the rich clubs how come you lot were relegated when you were one of the biggest spenders around after getting promoted?
So what was the PL set up for? Go on?

Obviously because his club has an unlimited money cheat. You will always argue your best interests. Newcastle could have quite easily been the United of the 90's but they ended up being the United post Fergie. Spent lots of money with absolutely zilch to show for it.

Back
Top Bottom