• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Fair point. Looks like I'll get the zontac reference, or amp if it's ref pcb.

And well I've got myself a rig swift so would like to get close to 144hz@1440p as possible with the best settings I can get. And not actually touched bf4 for ages :p for everything really. Bf4 gta5 tpp arma3....etc etc etc

Plus I do everything in pairs now....7970, 680 X2. ...now 980tix2

Soldato
Fair point. Looks like I'll get the zontac reference, or amp if it's ref pcb.

And well I've got myself a rig swift so would like to get close to 144hz@1440p as possible with the best settings I can get. And not actually touched bf4 for ages :p for everything really. Bf4 gta5 tpp arma3....etc etc etc

Plus I do everything in pairs now....7970, 680 X2. ...now 980tix2

Oh that's right :) Two 980Ti's would definitely help in GTA5. I get around 100fps constant with medium settings - so you would need a second card to maintain 144 for that game.

Soldato
AMP is reference
AMP Extreme is custom

Thank you sir. Added to basket :)

Actually.....any difference between the amp and ref cooler cards? Except the fans? As the triple fans wouldn't be ideal for the temp use in my current rig (raven03 so best the air gets vented out top via ref cooler)

Last edited:
Caporegime
The extreme is mental looking, seen a pic of it installed into a case and you'd think the pci-e slot was gonna snap, it was sagging like a flaccid donkey wang. :eek:

look at this:

ZHcp7L7.jpg

:eek:

Also that front intake is bogging!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you sir. Added to basket :)

Actually.....any difference between the amp and ref cooler cards? Except the fans? As the triple fans wouldn't be ideal for the temp use in my current rig (raven03 so best the air gets vented out top via ref cooler)

It has a completely different heatsink and fan setup, which is frankly brilliant. I wouldn't worry so much about it in your case, it's one of the best air cooling cases.

Associate
Is there any way to prevent the sagging as in the above example for the Amp Extreme?

A verticle support of some type from the base of the case to the card for instance.

Permabanned
Associate
Hi all,

Wondered if you could help. Just got an nice shiny new Zotac GeForce GTX 980Ti AMP Extreme Edition. However it GPU-Z keeps giving me a PerfCap reason of Power at ~85%, even if I move the power limit bar to 111% and mess around with the clock speeds, etc.

Any ideas?

Associate
download

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom