• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
u and me both.

sure he had a titan x, fury x and a 980ti?

He did. I'm a little confused. I'm sure he said he was going to wait for a big leap in PC power and gaming visuals.

Sold his stuff and basically bought the same again...think his chip is better this time round, but would make no difference in games.

Still, its his choice, albeit somewhat strange for me. But hey 'what is normal'?

Last edited:
Soldato
Started playing Witcher 3 again on lil 960, and I am pinning for 980 Ti again lol.

Think I'll be back in the 980 Ti club very soon lol. Really want a blower style card, did consider the 970 but I can't get my head around that memory issue. Will it effect future games etc. Then the 980 just seems underwhelming when compared to the Ti..

Big surprise that I've gone full circle :rolleyes:

Much happier with this new build though !

Right let's look for a decent blower cooler 980 Ti :D

Boom you need to make yourself a little youtube vid or something that you watch everytime you think of selling up. Would save you a lot of hassle

Associate
Boom you need to make yourself a little youtube vid or something that you watch everytime you think of selling up. Would save you a lot of hassle

This!

I can't blame you for not knowing what you have until you sell it, though. I sold my tablet cause I didn't think I used it, but I almost instantly missed it. I'm guessing it's similar with you :p

Soldato
Haha, yeah, the faulty Fury X RMA etc followed by broken Nvidia Drivers and problems with my old PC case, just left me frustrated with PC gaming tbh. Influenced my decision to part with my stuff.. Not gaming as much on PC either.

I thought I would be alright just using the mini PC for daily stuff. The CPU was just to weak only a dual core / 4 thread thing.

I had about a grand from selling my bits, plus a load of other parts that hadn't sold, so thought I would put together a powerful small system.

I love the new case Fractal Design Node 804, much happier with this build, anyways started playing a couple games on this borrowed 960, and thought actually I'll grab another 980 Ti and try again lol.

I bet as soon as my 980 Ti arrives Nvidia's drivers get borked again :p Or it will be DOA :D

Last edited:
Associate
I'm thinking of going for the MSI Reference card. The question i have for reference owners is: Does the card run alright at a high overclock (1400-1500) without getting too hot as a single card setup? I'd Ideally like to hover around the high 70's at max.

Soldato
Whenever I come on this forum boom you're feeling down about PC games and selling your PC, or buying a PC again cause you're gutted you sold.

Just build one and use it bro <3

Caporegime
Haha, yeah, the faulty Fury X RMA etc followed by broken Nvidia Drivers and problems with my old PC case, just left me frustrated with PC gaming tbh. Influenced my decision to part with my stuff.. Not gaming as much on PC either.

I thought I would be alright just using the mini PC for daily stuff. The CPU was just to weak only a dual core / 4 thread thing.

I had about a grand from selling my bits, plus a load of other parts that hadn't sold, so thought I would put together a powerful small system.

I love the new case Fractal Design Node 804, much happier with this build, anyways started playing a couple games on this borrowed 960, and thought actually I'll grab another 980 Ti and try again lol.

I bet as soon as my 980 Ti arrives Nvidia's drivers get borked again :p Or it will be DOA :D

Fairy muff Gaz, I can't exactly berate you as I'm always chopping and changing ;) :D

I looked at the Node 804 myself, just couldn't get over how WIDE the sucker was!!! Nice case :cool:

Soldato
You got a rig some people would chop off their right nut for, not the left, the right !

you play any CSGO?

Ha, as you may have noticed I'm a bit OCD with things :D, if something isn't quite right I'm just not happy with it. I am pleased with this build though. I don't play CSGO, more of a BF4 guy. Not played in a while though. Only games I have played recently is Witcher 3 and cough * Dungeons 2 * cough :p

Cheers.

Fairy muff Gaz, I can't exactly berate you as I'm always chopping and changing ;) :D

:D

Associate
I'm thinking of going for the MSI Reference card. The question i have for reference owners is: Does the card run alright at a high overclock (1400-1500) without getting too hot as a single card setup? I'd Ideally like to hover around the high 70's at max.

Not a clue, GPU boost removes 12MHz from the clock at 65c~, and another 12MHz in the mid 70s.

If you have a decent case with decent airflow, I really advise spending £10-20 on an aftermarket cooling solution.

Associate
Ha, as you may have noticed I'm a bit OCD with things :D, if something isn't quite right I'm just not happy with it. I am pleased with this build though. I don't play CSGO, more of a BF4 guy. Not played in a while though. Only games I have played recently is Witcher 3 and cough * Dungeons 2 * cough :p

I sometimes wish I played more games. It feels a waste not to, but I'm scared of buying a game and not liking it at all.

Soldato
To anyone who has the herculez oc, do you have an image or can you describe what the heatsink is like on the memory/VRM'S

I've been searching around and cannot find an image of this card stripped apart, I would like a heatsink like on the MSI gaming cards which covers both the memory and VRM'S that stays connected to the card when the main heatsink is removed.

I want to fit a EK thermosphere but have the stock vrm/memory heatsink in place.

Card in question.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-055-IN&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402

W

Back
Top Bottom