***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Associate
Cyberpunk 2077
53650779213_02e191494d_b.jpg

53650565661_e76a587251_b.jpg

53651022155_6e0efc18bf_b.jpg

53649688547_14b6f42c7c_b.jpg

Soldato
Cyberpunk is an example of a game (like so many) that imho looks meh-ish now in still pictures but awesome while playing/in moving pictures :). I keep being wow-ed by the game even running it on a 2080S with no no Ray or Path tracing. I feel the Witcher 3 is also like this as well. It may not look exagerrately pretty in screenshots but the wow effect comes from moving pictures in an animated world especially while playing and the absurd high level of detail in bits of the game.

Metro exodus, I have never really played it (I think I tried it once when drunk) but it looks so intruiging.

I should plan a 2hr session to give it a good chance as the LoD and atmosphere looks very nice as well.

Horizon is also such a game, I know I am amazed by the visuals and world when playing it, but it looks meh in screenshots tbh for me. Same for Skyrim I guess. Awesome still when playing it, but actually a game I'd consider poor in visuals in still shots now.

EDIT:
Some of MRK's pics in Cyberpunk look awesome on reviweing them, not all, some are meh, but some are wow. The attention to detail is unmatched still I think.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cyberpunk is an example of a game (like so many) that imho looks meh-ish now in still pictures but awesome while playing/in moving pictures :). I keep being wow-ed by the game even running it on a 2080S with no no Ray or Path tracing. I feel the Witcher 3 is also like this as well. It may not look exagerrately pretty in screenshots but the wow effect comes from moving pictures in an animated world especially while playing and the absurd high level of detail in bits of the game.

Metro exodus, I have never really played it (I think I tried it once when drunk) but it looks so intruiging.

I should plan a 2hr session to give it a good chance as the LoD and atmosphere looks very nice as well.

Horizon is also such a game, I know I am amazed by the visuals and world when playing it, but it looks meh in screenshots tbh for me. Same for Skyrim I guess. Awesome still when playing it, but actually a game I'd consider poor in visuals in still shots now.

EDIT:
Some of MRK's pics in Cyberpunk look awesome on reviweing them, not all, some are meh, but some are wow. The attention to detail is unmatched still I think.

The lighting is what makes it :cool:

tf13prd.jpeg

Then again HZFW does a great job too when in the jungle:

JagB4mj.jpeg

Man of Honour
How does it look in person though? With that aspect ratio, literally everything that isn't in the centre of the frame looked excessively stretched due to the FOV distortion of that aspect ratio. I feel at this sort of stage that 21:9 is the maximum to play games at to avoid this by-product of super-ultrawide.

Associate
How does it look in person though? With that aspect ratio, literally everything that isn't in the centre of the frame looked excessively stretched due to the FOV distortion of that aspect ratio. I feel at this sort of stage that 21:9 is the maximum to play games at to avoid this by-product of super-ultrawide.

I didn't notice any problems, or the fish lens effect people talk about, maybe it's the extreme curve that reduces that sensation for me? and that I'm mostly focused on the centre of the screen perhaps I don't know. I've played multiple games in this resolution while testing out the NEO G9 and not noticed it yet. (I did on the OLED G9 a couple of times, and that has a less pronounced curve)

I guess I should look out for it, next time I boot the game/other games up.

Last edited:
Associate
Probably best not to look out for it, could be one of those things once seen, cannot be unseen :p
That's what happened once I noticed the grainage from the matte panel in desktop use

But it's fine in games thankfully, I'll look out for it, because I'm in my return window :) going to boot it up again now.

Associate

EDIT:
Metro Exodus is definitely a very interesting game, and deserves to be given a chance.

Caporegime
Star Citizen.

This is ArcCorp, an earth sized planet completely covered in a giant city, and volumetric clouds, like all planets.
Only some parts of the city are accessible by foot, but you can fly around between all the buildings, almost all of them have landing pads on the so you can land, get out and enjoy the view, this is one of the first planets in game, its quite old, its undergoing a complete rework including opening up much much more of the capital city so its more Blade Runner esc accessible at ground level, some parts of it always have been but a relatively small portion.

I might add some more screenshots later, i wanted to get some with the star more mid day rather than the orange hue of dusk, these planets do rotate and i spent about an hour chasing the star round but never really outpaced the planet rotation all that much, next time i'll fly in to orbit and jump round using the orbital markers.

819OF0L.jpeg

yfQKYIz.jpeg

iqxYFlm.jpeg

K6tRBO8.jpeg

h7CUOgM.jpeg

Lu16eF5.jpeg

7s3gQdu.jpeg

uhbAevJ.jpeg
5Jbm1su.jpeg

pDgJoX8.jpeg

SKGvs0e.jpeg

dvs6uf0.jpeg