The hot chocolate velvetiser thread

Soldato
it's like £700 pounds cheaper than the espresso machine and quite a few Kwhr's less from energy meter I attached to mine,

but yes, you get similar results, I'm looking for cocoa's to try out, but unlike shavings you have to make paste initially to get them to combine well.

calibaut sell some shavings, but I don't think thats available for many chocolates ? and I wouldn't want to food process/grate bars.

Soldato
it's like £700 pounds cheaper than the espresso machine and quite a few Kwhr's less from energy meter I attached to mine,

but yes, you get similar results, I'm looking for cocoa's to try out, but unlike shavings you have to make paste initially to get them to combine well.

calibaut sell some shavings, but I don't think thats available for many chocolates ? and I wouldn't want to food process/grate bars.

It's cheaper than some coffee machines yes, but they you know make coffee too :D I think the energy usage is a moot point given how little time they're on for.

I guess if you have no interest in a coffee machine these make sense

Associate
I purchased the Dualit milk frother, essentially the same product for half the price. The hotel chocolate machine is a re-branded dualit machine :)

A fan of the chocolate mint, and hazelnut flavours myself :)

Caporegime
I only drink hot chocolate, no tea or coffee, but feel it's probably about time I up my chocolate quality rather than the Lidl instant stuff.

What's the deal with chocolate blocks / nibs / what ever? Where to buy?

I purchased the Dualit milk frother, essentially the same product for half the price. The hotel chocolate machine is a re-branded dualit machine :)

A fan of the chocolate mint, and hazelnut flavours myself :)

It says on the website that it's cordless but I assume that's just refering to the pot? Surely the base has a lead to power?

Soldato
If you have a microwave and no espresso machine , I'd still probably try a bodum milk throther before paying for a velvetiser - still on a virtual xmas gift list for parents.

Caporegime
We didn't use it for ages but now it's winter we use it daily. Not often with the expensive sachets but it makes a decent hot choc with normal powder and it's very easy to use/clean.

Last edited:
Soldato
To follow up: Huge smile when she unwrapped it, complete surprise. My QA of the chilli one went well and I can see this getting a lot of use. Thanks for the tip on warming the mugs.

Enjoying my good daddy brownie points.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I picked up some flakes from a market this weekend just gone.

Absolutely divine, will find out who made them and report back, arguably nicer than anything ive tried to date.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Associate
Got a ridiculous deal in store when I went in to buy my brother and his gf one for Christmas. Managed to get the Velvetiser, a 'starter' selection of mixes and 'The Podster' (their own branded coffee pod machine) for £99!

Sweet talked the checkout lady and she even threw in 50 pods for the machine for free.

Got to be one of the better deals I've had recently. Essentially got the pod machine for free when taking into account the regular cost of mixes and pods as well as the Velvetiser itself. It's usually around £125 on it's own.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got a ridiculous deal in store when I went in to buy my brother and his gf one for Christmas. Managed to get the Velvetiser, a 'starter' selection of mixes and 'The Podster' (their own branded coffee pod machine) for £99!

Sweet talked the checkout lady and she even threw in 50 pods for the machine for free.

Got to be one of the better deals I've had recently. Essentially got the pod machine for free when taking into account the regular cost of mixes and pods as well as the Velvetiser itself. It's usually around £125 on it's own.
Nice one!

Soldato
with recent posts of expensive hotel chocolate velvetizer sachets in items i've purchased -
consider using an espresso machines steam wand instead,
have now perfected this when I realised melting cocoa&sugar in the jug first with a small amount of hot water is the key. before adding milk
...finally - clean the foam out the cup with finger.
53228399351_f561a06274_c_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom