The House/Techno/Electronic thread!!!

Permabanned
Have we got a Grime thread on here? Cuz we probably need one these days :)

Don't think so. Could probably just stick it in the Hip Hop thread I guess. Gotta watch it though with vids that contain swearing. I know they're relaxing the rules a bit, but I don't think they're going to be letting uncensored grime or hip hop vids anytime soon :D

Associate
Good tune Dimi, I'm a sucker for anything bass led with a funky beat but is anyone else finding that whole current "house" style a bit stale now, not much new sounding stuff coming out :(

Same here :)

Even though most of it does sound similar, I find going through a bunch of mixtapes on Soundcloud nets me some decent House that I can listen to.

How do you discover new music?

I've got it down with mixtapes, Beatport and Spotify.

Soldato
Same here :)

Even though most of it does sound similar, I find going through a bunch of mixtapes on Soundcloud nets me some decent House that I can listen to.

How do you discover new music?

I've got it down with mixtapes, Beatport and Spotify.

I don't have much time as I used to do yesteryear but I try and keep on tabs on a few bits on twitter - select few artists who repost links to mixes etc on stuff I like. Related vids on youtube. Same on soundcloud if I refer to a tune from Twitter/Artists on there. I used a blog called Core News for mixes/radio shows to find new stuff too. Years ago I'd spend hours a day getting hold of new bits lol.

Back
Top Bottom