The HTC One Hima (M9) Thread

Soldato
It turns out HTC are working on an M8 successor code named the Hima.

It's expected to be announced at MWC 2015 in March and released shortly thereafter.

If HTC continue their successful recipe (see One M7 and M8) then I see no reason why the M9 Hima won't also be very successful.

So far the specs are rumoured to have:
  • Octa-core processor with 4 Cortex-A57 cores at 2.0GHz and 4 Cortex-A53 cores at 1.5GHz
  • Adreno 430 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 16, 32 and 64GB storage options
  • 7mm thick
  • 13Mp front and 20.7Mp rear camera
  • 2840mAh battery

I expect the chassis will support the fantastic machined metal design.

Soldato
OP
Why are people getting moist over the black bar?

If it isn't black and glass, it'll be covered with silver aluminium. HTC are not intentionally wasting that space - they just can't do anything with it.

Soldato
OP
Next year I'm hoping the M10 features:
- Wireless charging
- Edge to edge display
- An improved redesign
- Better battery performance
- OIS camera

Until then I'll keep my M7.

Soldato
OP
You've just described the Galaxy S6 Edge

I enjoy front facing speakers, and I'm not a fan of TouchWiz.

Also, I'm not in the market this year for a phone. If I was, I'd might have gone for the S6E.

If HTC/Samsung release the above features along with front facing speakers I'd be happy to buy the device. The only caveat for Samsung is I'd want no Touchwiz.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;28066351 said:
Still trying to work out what to do.

My HTC One M7 remains a fantastic phone - it's fast, the screen is excellent, it does everything I want to and I'm very happy with it... with one enormous exception. The battery life is getting worse and worse, lately I've been out of power by 2pm. Worse still the phone gets VERY warm when doing simple web browsing.

I don't want to buy a new phone - I paid 500 quid for this one and to think it lasted 2 years before needing to go in the bin because of its battery is fairly depressing - but I guess I need to consider doing something.

The obvious choice is an M9 but I feel like I'm falling into the M7 trap again.

:(

I remember we bought our M7s around the same time, and I have very much the same problems as you do regarding battery life. My battery would often die at 2/3 pm - 4 pm if I'm lucky.

I backed everything up and completely wiped the phone and the battery life improved very noticeably. It now lasts until 9 / 10 pm (it gets to 15% at this time - this is acceptable for me).

I'm in talks with HTC at the moment. I want them to replace the camera module (purple tint) and battery. Let's see if they deliver.

However I agree with you - I'm not spending more than half a grand to replace my phone to the latest model which isn't leaps and bounds ahead of what I currently have, and is likely to show the same symptoms two years from buying it. When push comes to shove and I really need to replace my M7, I will consider leaving the HTC line of phones for Apple or Sony.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom