The joy of being a landlord

Man of Honour
That doesn't make any sense. How can someone not pay their rent and be allowed to use the money saved as a deposit on a house? All the landlord has to do is go to the high court and have him declared bankrupt and former tenant will lose the property which will get sold at auction with the net proceeds going to the landlord.

Yes we already know that, you're missing the point of the post that many people think it's OK to steal from Landlords.

Soldato
Not paying rent for 3 years would ultimately lead to a CCJ being issued, surely?
That doesn't make any sense. How can someone not pay their rent and be allowed to use the money saved as a deposit on a house? All the landlord has to do is go to the high court and have him declared bankrupt and former tenant will lose the property which will get sold at auction with the net proceeds going to the landlord.
It's nonsense.
Plot twist - the landlord was their mum/dad.

It was their mum and dads house.

Soldato
Yes we already know that, you're missing the point of the post that many people think it's OK to steal from Landlords.
Well obviously stealing is wrong regardless of who the victim is. If you don't pay a landlord then the landlord has less money to spend on maintaining the property so whoever gets the it next will find they are moving into a worse home then what the person before had so ultimately it's society that picks up the tab for non payment of rent.

Typically people who don't pay rent like the sort of person you have described are really undesirable people to be around, likely have criminal record or come from dysfunctional families. There's not a lot you can do about them unfortunately kick them out and the council is legally obliged to rehouse them.

Personally I don't know how anyone can live like that but I've seen enough episodes of Can't Pay We'll Take It Away to know that there are people like that out there.

fez

fez

Caporegime
My partners parents owned a flat that had a tenant who didn't pay for the best part of a year. It was all very messy due to how they knew the people. Standard grifters who were lying, cheating scumbags but unfortunately its surprisingly hard to get rid of people that refuse to pay.

Caporegime
I honestly don't know what some folks expect when renting out something that is a necessity for living a semi-decent life, there's always going to be the risk of awful tenants or even good but otherwise irritated tenants who've had a long history bad landlords who have given up with being nice. Some folks seem to forget that it's not an investment for the tenants who need it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I honestly don't know what some folks expect when renting out something that is a necessity for living a semi-decent life, there's always going to be the risk of awful tenants or even good but otherwise irritated tenants who've had a long history bad landlords who have given up with being nice. Some folks seem to forget that it's not an investment for the tenants who need it.
Ftfy

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Love it. A troll passing comment to a raconteur, regarding a job neither are experienced in, inaccurately criticising someone who is, and for what reason I wonder...

Last edited:
Soldato
You are wasting your breath explaining how proper landlords landlord to hobbyist landlords that personally "vet" their tenants lol.
The more i read your posts on this the more i think you must be a landlord with loads of properties and feeling threatened by people renting out their spare pad for use in the future under cutting you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: NVP
Associate
And the other side of the coin.

A landlord so graciously willing to "knock £400 off" the rent, as long as you agree to live in and spend your own money and time doing up his dump of a property for him.

Like I've said before, the whole property system is screwed and predatory and why I have the attitude of a big fat meh when landlords get screwed too.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I guess this isn't exactly the thread to post this, but I felt it may be of interest to some of those who have replied in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom