**** The king of PSU's is back ****

Associate
OCUK may want to confirm but I thought I saw they have the lowest return rate of any PSU they stock.. And its incredibly low...

The prices they charge you should expect that but at least they deliver.

I'd say the only reason the return rate is so low is because they sell so few

I've checked another site which lists RMA percentage on the product page and enermax have an average rate of around 3 percent which is nothing out of the ordinary for pc components. I'm sure they're good psu's though :)

Soldato
Can someone who knows about PSUs explain what the fuss is? I've got an 1100W Corsair model (can't remember which, it's been yonks since I put it in) and that's been flawless for me (though I haven't pushed it particularly hard, mind)).

Just curious as to how there can be a "King of PSUs"?

Basically the are three big PSU manufacturers, Seasonic, Delta and Enermax. All three manufacture PSU's under their own name and for other companies that don't make their own PSU's (E.G Corsair, Antec, XFX).

Seasonic are currently the de facto standard that everyone bangs on about, Delta don't sell consumer PSU's under their own name, just OEM for desktops/servers/workstations/etc. Lastly Enermax were once the de facto standard before Seasonic took over however they tried to maximize profits by subcontracting out production of Enermax branded PSU's to lesser manufacturers which damaged their reputation, handing Seasonic the crown. The "fuss" is that it appears Enermax have returned to their full glory and are here to reclaim their crown :)

Soldato
I'd say the only reason the return rate is so low is because they sell so few

I've checked another site which lists RMA percentage on the product page and enermax have an average rate of around 3 percent which is nothing out of the ordinary for pc components. I'm sure they're good psu's though :)

Bugatti don't sell many Veyrons pal.......but I'm sure they are worth the asking price :D

**EDIT**

For anyone interested, here's who makes your PSU:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913-4.html

Notice that ONLY Enermax's lower end units are sub-contracted out for assembly by OEMS - ALL their high end are all in house 100%

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
They're that good plus as AndyOcUK says, they are one of the only PSU brands that both design and manufacture their own PSUs, unlike Corsair and the rest who source them from other OEMs. I've always found find highly reliable even when pushed beyond their specs whereas even the likes of Corsair or PC Power And Cooling have failed on me or friends.

Nope

They have used channel well\ESP + another one.
I thought seasonic was the KING as they do make their own?

Back
Top Bottom