The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
I forgot to post but I also "finished" Hitman 1+2 around 2 months ago and I feel like I have to as those games form a really compelling package.

The maps are fantastic and the number of challenges and options is unreal, if you're going for 100% I can imagine looking at 200h of playtime as all the levels are insanely replayable, it's truly an assassination sandbox. Some levels I tackled like 10 times but I still have things to complete and unlock.

Sure, the AI isn't great and you obviously have to treat it as a game as you can get away with stuff that would be immediately suspicious IRL but in terms of sheer fun factor, it's great.

Easily 8-9/10, especially at the prices you can now buy H2 + the Legacy pack that brings all the levels from 1 into 2 with updated graphics and new features.

Soldato
red dead 2 - 10/10

One of the best story games I've played and I don't think I've ever become so attached to a character in the 30+ years I've been playing.

Yet to touch online.

Associate
Just finished Beyond 2 Souls. Wonderful game. I have played and completed Heavy Rain, Quantum Break and Detroit before so knew what to expect.

Really excellent story, I loved Quantum Break, but think this is my favourite now. Will give it a few weeks then replay it to get a different ending.

9/10.

Soldato
Corruption 2029 - 7.5/10

Made by the same guys who did Mutent Year Zero which I loved. Its £15 on epic, but with the £10 voucher down to so for a £5 was well worth it.

Follows same vain as Year zero, has a Xcom type system mechanics, though not quiet as polished. The story however is thin, there is not much to it, but the combat makes up for it.If you liked Mutant Year zero, you will like this I suspect.

The world however does look nice graphically and game does run smooth. Just that largely the enemies are recycled and story is meh, combat carries it mostly and was worth the £5 paid.

Man of Honour
Eschalon Book 3 - 7/10. The story is very good and the game is completely stable and polished, but the UI is mediocre and pathfinding is non-existent so there's a lot of tedious walking around and the game wouldn't have been out of place 20 years ago.

Atom RPG - 9/10. Superb game, despite the less than ideal UI that's (deliberately) reminiscent of Fallout 1 and 2.

Soldato
Im kind of limited in what games I can play due to personal issues... ( im crap )
But seriously, I keep on playing Dawn Of War, usually I kind of go between Dark Crusade and SoulStorm, even though I have the entire collection or DOW2 and III plus all the add ons etc.
Right now I am trying to complete SoulStorm on the Hardest settings and I am going through all the races, I am currently with Imperial Guard and I have been utterly slaughtered in the Trivian Grove Level for the 4th time in a row and so I have simply bypased it as I have destroyed the Space Marines on their home base and sop they wont be attacking me in future, so I hope to not need to take that map.

But previous to that, I went through the Half Life series again and I played Black Mesa - Something I thought I could not do as I have little use of my left hand and I cannot control the keyboard properly as I cannot walk forward and move left at the same time ( Silly issue, but surprisingly crippling )

Soldato
But previous to that, I went through the Half Life series again and I played Black Mesa - Something I thought I could not do as I have little use of my left hand and I cannot control the keyboard properly as I cannot walk forward and move left at the same time ( Silly issue, but surprisingly crippling )
A cousin of mine uses the XBox Adaptive controller (she has CP) and found it great for games like Skyrim which she struggled with before. Might be worth looking into if you haven't already. :)

Soldato
The Vagrant. 7/10, would've scored higher if it wasn't full of excessive boobs.

Don't get me wrong, I like boobs, but the game is a decent action/beat em up RPG and stands on that merit. I feel like they could sell more copies if its Steam page didn't make it look like a fanservice game.

Quite poorly translated and rough around the edges, occasional bits of flakey design. But worth playing with decent stat/ability progression and actually decent plot. Would be interested to see another game from this team with more experience under their belts. I did make the effort to get most Steam achievements which is usually a sign that a game is good, if I'll start it up again after completing it!

Caporegime
Plague Tale - 9/10

Throughly brilliant. Looks beautiful with the Quixel Megatextures that the game uses. It reminds me a lot of The Last Of Us with the crafting system and upgrades which is no bad thing. I had some trouble with the final boss which is why I knocked a point off but got there in the end.

Soldato
Needed a change of pace, wife suggested the Stanley Parable. I knew of it but had never played it. I just spent the last few hours running through every ending. Genuinely enjoyed it.

10/10.

Soldato
Journey of a Roach. Funny little point and click adventure, kept me busy for a few hours. Puzzles were often the "try every item on every item" type so a little disappointing at times. But a few fun moments and broke the tension between long running RPGs and such. 6/10 mainly because it bugged out and I had to reload a couple times.

Caporegime
Botanicula - 9/10

Interesting, cute, original, surreal, whimsical and fun.

It calls itself a point and click adventure, but it's a bit harder than that to describe and definitely greater than the sum of its parts.

It's not hugely difficult although I did get stuck on one bit, quite close to the end (failed to spot a door of all things!).

Defo give this a go if you're looking for something different and amusing, and aren't completely ADHD :p

Caporegime
Finished Hitman 2 (finally!) and it looks like there will be a concluding part to this adventure. Give it an 7.5/10. There is so much to do on each map that you could be at it for days. It's a massive improvement over the previous games, the control scheme is just perfect. Everything is so fluid.

Back
Top Bottom