The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Soldato
OOI, what you guys playing on? I'm actually preferring it in 2D due to the way I play, whenever I access the bottom screen I move it too much and lose focus which is pretty immersion breaking for me. I do slide it up though in new areas to see what it's like.

Soldato
I switch between the two. The 3D is suited to some areas and not others. In the forrest it looked pretty amazing, and when you pick a chicken up all the feathers fly at you!:D

Soldato
OP
I also play between the two. Depends where I am playing really :p Chilling out in bed or on the sofa I will wack 3D on. While on the train 2D. I have to say I have noticed the 3D is quite senstive on OOT. If I move the screen even slightly it can become blured.

But I have to say I am enjoying it loads :) The 3D has been done extremely well. Its not a smash in your face it can be quite subtle but adds so much to the game.

I swear they best do a MM for next year or later this year :p

Soldato
I saw MM being played by my mate but I never took interest in it because I hate games where time limits come into play. I didn't really see it as a real Zelda game but it seems to have as big a following as OOT.

Soldato
I saw MM being played by my mate but I never took interest in it because I hate games where time limits come into play. I didn't really see it as a real Zelda game but it seems to have as big a following as OOT.

I was fantastic, I could just never get past one of the last temples as a kid, bigger difficulty curve from oot.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
MM is one of the best sequel's of all time, its some how very different yet still feels like a Zelda game.

That said it did introduce tingle :(

Soldato
OP
I must say I will admit I never completed MM either :( as mentioned the learning curve to that game was pretty difficult and at my age at the time I had no clue what I was doing half the time :p

If they were to release a MM revamped like they have done for OoT I would be a very very happy customer :D

Soldato
As I suspected -

2D fantastic, no complaints with OOC in a handheld.

So, 3DS and well 3D, my eyes just don't get it.

All the slider does is simply provide a double image and exaggerate it as I slide up. I have no idea whether there's a sweetspot or not but I do suspect my crap eyesight is the issue here.

How are you guys getting it? defocusing the eyes slightly or something?

Man of Honour
Nope, it's very natural, there is a narrow horizontal sweet spot but you naturally learn where it is and unconsciously keep the 3DS pointing at your face correctly within 5 minutes.

Even on trains or on a plane I have no issues keeping it in the sweet spot, and it feels like I am looking through a hole in a shoebox regarding the 3D effect.

Soldato
Are you simply choosing a depth (on the slider) and then angling the device and keeping it at a certain distance?

I know it's sounds ridiculously obvious, but well... perhaps I have to accept the other obvious limitation, which is my own sight.

EDIT - oh gosh, I got it. I have to look at it off centre for it to work but gosh the fairy dust feels like it falls into your face when walking.

I am impressed, but as numerous others have pointed out, this is eye strain central.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom