**** The LG G5 Thread ****

Soldato
Suppose to return headphones if you cancel within 14 days, so maybe worth hanging on to the contract for a month before cancelling since there won't be any penalty anyway with O2 Refresh.

Soldato
Yup, the thing is coated in plastic and I've read a lot of reviews that have had issues with the magic slot not sitting flush with the rest of the phone.

I'm not sure why anyone would buy this over the S7.

Soldato
Plenty of positive reviews on yt as well... I have no interest in an S7. The G5, H9 and whatever HTC are doing will likely be my next phone. Although I'm still holding out hope for a non metal bodied top end phone...

Soldato
Plenty of positive reviews on yt as well... I have no interest in an S7. The G5, H9 and whatever HTC are doing will likely be my next phone. Although I'm still holding out hope for a non metal bodied top end phone...

I guess everyone has their preferences, but this device was torn a new one on AndroidPolice. I actually think the G5 is a step backwards from the G4, and that's a shame as LG are one of the most likely manufacturers to keep Samsung on their toes when it comes to hardware.

Associate
Just not liking the design at all,looks cheap and toy like.
I had a G3 for over a year really liked that phone but this looks a step back in the design dept,even if it does have the spec of a flagship.

Soldato
I guess everyone has their preferences, but this device was torn a new one on AndroidPolice. I actually think the G5 is a step backwards from the G4, and that's a shame as LG are one of the most likely manufacturers to keep Samsung on their toes when it comes to hardware.

People don't like or see the need for the whole "friends" thing. I don't actually have much interest in that. The phone style is fine, how it feels in the hand I'll have to wait and see. If its grippy and that's because of plastic that's fine by me. My iPhone 6s is the best iPhone I've have but I absolutely hate how slippy it is. I still use my Nexus 5 more because of that. The dual camera interests me more, the H9 is supposedly going that route as well.

Soldato
According to the designer the decision to use metal was based purely around the strength aspect due to the modular design rather aesthetics to match other manufacturers. If the plastics make it nice and grippy, I like it. I don't like cases and I don't like slippy phones...

Associate
Anyone pick this up? Got the titan.

g52.jpg

image.jpg

The back is cheap and hideous, wont be showing that :p

Associate
I picked one up yesterday, going from xperia z3 compact, I'm really impressed so far, batt life seems to last a full day but I think it would struggle with really heavy use.

I haven't checked for light bleed yet

Back
Top Bottom