The Longest Journey remaster (sort of)

Soldato
https://www.residualvm.org/
https://tljhd.github.io/

You need to own the game for the files to use in this method of playing this version of the game.
They also may state somewhere that fonts are needed but the hd mod provides em so no worries unless u really want the original fonts which can be found on gog version or a demo of the game from internet archive i think u can get it.

They say on 1st link:

The 20th anniversary of the release of The Longest Journey comes in a few days. As a present, the ResidualVM team offers the means to play the game on modern systems. Of course there is a catch, we need your help to find the last few bugs in the game engine before we can declare it stable.

To play The Longest Journey, get a fresh daily build of ResidualVM, assemble the required files from your game copy, and optionally install the HD mod. The HD mod was created by Faberman. It brings a welcome graphical update to the game through the use of a machine learning upscaler and a lot of polishing work. Please report the issues you encounter while playing the game on our bug tracker.

//

They say on the 2nd link:

The Longest Journey HD is a mod for one of the best adventure games ever made. It includes neural network upscaled backgrounds and sprites, redrawn user interface and a lot of other small improvements thanks to ResidualVM implementation of the game engine. You can play it on Windows, Linux and macOS.

///

Theres a sorta fork i think of scummvm called residualvm which lets TLJ allow mods and other things tweaked in the engine. And there was a person who did a ai enhanced upscale of all the artwork and redone the ui to make it look really REALLY nice now. It all looks the same just sorta higher res and less pixelated due to low res. Imo it doesnt lose any detail in the remade art. The cutscenes were also upscaled and look nice.

Imo its worth a replay with this hd mod and using the residualvm thing. I am atm.

I used a nightly build of re..vm as told and so far seems ok, tiny bit of audio hickups during fmv cutscenes but might be me or could be a bug as not 100% perfect but says playable.

Associate
Looks like they did great job on backgrounds, further highlighting clunky low-poly character models.
Played it after Dreamfall, and graphics were not the main attraction. Story and soundtrack were.

Back
Top Bottom