The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
Yeah exactly. Would be great to see Amad a bit more this season.

Fingers crossed regarding Martial. I think if nothing happens with him in the next couple of weeks then it probably won’t though.

I want the Varane saga sewn up sooner rather than later too so we can crack on with the final few signings and focus on pre-season properly for once.

Surely Varane is just after a better contract at Madrid. Not sure I buy it

Soldato
3 more years :cry: stops all those other massive clubs from coming after him though eh?

United probably won’t get a free 2nd place with Chelsea and Liverpool in a mess again this season so let’s see what he’s really made of.

Caporegime
3 more years :cry: stops all those other massive clubs from coming after him though eh?

United probably won’t get a free 2nd place with Chelsea and Liverpool in a mess again this season so let’s see what he’s really made of.

Tuchell the saviour and master got less points than Ole since his arrival at Chelsea. He won the champions league by doing Stoke City tactics. Pep lost the champions league not that Tuchell won it. Villareal did exactly the same in their final yet no one is out for Peps head are they. I know I will regret saying this but cannot wait to see United tear it up come next season.

Associate
Well the "Stoke City" tactics got him the most coveted trophy in the footballing world.

It was either sack Ole this summer or renew the contract, not exactly surprising he got a new contract.

We'll have to "tear it up" next season with

-out Rashford who is having surgery this summer, for a couple of months at least
Greenwood who seems to have lost his precision finishing and doesn't offer much else
Martial who at times looks flat out bored with football
Pogba with a contract situation (OT fans aren't exactly going to be warm to him over this)
Sancho, a high priced player with big expectations and new to the premier league
A Portugese maestro who was sadly looking a bit burnt out in large parts of last season
James who can run like a roadrunner but also has the brain of one too

I'm expecting a fourth placed finish fighting Spurs for it and maybe just sneaking out of the CL group stages but not getting much further.

Soldato
Good decision imo. They decided they were going to give him time to build a team, and they're sticking to it...but this is the crunch season. Has to deliver....at least properly compete for the title not just first of the also-rans.

Soldato
good decision imo - squad rebuild is taking too long though (as much due to Covid as anything else), certainly no one definitely better than Ole out there

Still need to get rid of Mata, Matic, Jones and Bailly at the very least though (no idea why Mata was given yet another year)

Soldato
good decision imo - squad rebuild is taking too long though (as much due to Covid as anything else), certainly no one definitely better than Ole out there

Still need to get rid of Mata, Matic, Jones and Bailly at the very least though (no idea why Mata was given yet another year)
Watched the QPR game today - utter gash for the most part. United playing the same old pedestrian tosh they've been serving up for a while. Why they haven't moved on James , Matic, Pereirra and Mata is beyond me. We actually looked more coherent with the likes of Mebri, Garner, Elanga and Shoretire on the pitch. Ole's new deal is fine but if he's serves up the same sort of lame football as we've got too used to seeing then I'll give him till Christmas.

Soldato
Watched the QPR game today - utter gash for the most part. United playing the same old pedestrian tosh they've been serving up for a while. Why they haven't moved on James , Matic, Pereirra and Mata is beyond me. We actually looked more coherent with the likes of Mebri, Garner, Elanga and Shoretire on the pitch. Ole's new deal is fine but if he's serves up the same sort of lame football as we've got too used to seeing then I'll give him till Christmas.
This is exactly the point - the only player yesterday who's likely to play a significant part of the season was AWB - otherwise it was deadwood or inexperienced youngsters (or 3rd choice /non-existant gk's lol)

Not to mention that QPR are a few weeks further into their preseason, so are considerably fitter (match fitness if nothing else).

Sounds as if Garner will probably have another season on loan, Elanga /Shoretire /Amad will possibly cover Rashford's injury alongside James (suspect Martial will be sold to cover some of the £125m already spent.....if Varane deal actually is agreed of course @39m seems too good to be true of course)

I honestly think there will be significant changes in how the team is setup/ play IF / when Utd get Varane and hopefully the DM or "CM" midfielder that Ole seems to want (as well as perhaps Trippier, which IF we can get over the line for £20mish would be reasonable for both clubs imo)

Really think Ole has shown enough of how he wants Utd to play to deserve the new deal - it hasnt always come off, and sometimes he has been too conservative but with Matic (the only real DM at Utd) being on his last legs for at least a year if not more - Ole has been doing quite a bit with at least one hand tied behind his back.

Man of Honour
OP
So with Ole's new contract, Varane and Sancho (even if nothing else), the club have really backed him to the hilt as much as is possible.

He's done good things in terms of squad unity, and there have been good moments, but it's crunch time now and he has to deliver something this season. There are still major question marks around his tactics and game management.

At the very least we need to be pushing for the title, I could forgive not winning it if we fell just short, playing good football, etc.

fez

fez

Caporegime
So with Ole's new contract, Varane and Sancho (even if nothing else), the club have really backed him to the hilt as much as is possible.

He's done good things in terms of squad unity, and there have been good moments, but it's crunch time now and he has to deliver something this season. There are still major question marks around his tactics and game management.

At the very least we need to be pushing for the title, I could forgive not winning it if we fell just short, playing good football, etc.

For sure. The minimum I expect from him this season is a title challenge and a quarter/semi-final run in the CL.

Back
Top Bottom