The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Don
Everyone's had a say now. An accusation of domestic violence has been made against Mason Greenwood on social media and he has subsequently been suspended by Man Utd.

That's all that's going to be said on the matter on this forum until the conclusion of any investigations or legal hearings.

Don
I'm not sure why the post above was so difficult to understand. The mod team has decided that there will be no discussion on the matter.

Associate
Come next summer, Martial will have left. Cavani and Ronaldo's contracts will have ended and Greenwood will likely be 'unavailable'. MU will need to invest in a new striker. Or should they go for one this coming summer?

Soldato
Elanga seems to be developing well. Amad could come good getting matches under his belt.

Will need reinforcements, but there are other problems that need addressing...

Soldato
Come next summer, Martial will have left. Cavani and Ronaldo's contracts will have ended and Greenwood will likely be 'unavailable'. MU will need to invest in a new striker. Or should they go for one this coming summer?

You say it like its a bad thing? Imagine the money that is being spent on those three per week. Must be towards the million a week kinda level you'd of thought.

Elanga seems to be developing well. Amad could come good getting matches under his belt.

Will need reinforcements, but there are other problems that need addressing...

They are but there was a lad available this window for peanuts whose going to Juve who would have suited United but they stalled and will no doubt pay 100mil for Rice in the summer. Look at my club, we want a lad in a similar position (6 months left) so instead of waiting and dogging it out they are signing him and loaning him back to Fulham. You say Elanga is coming on....hes played 7 professional games in his career and turns 20 in a few months. Hes 6 months younger then Greenwood and hes only now coming on the scene?

Come on now...this is Man United we are talking about.

Caporegime

Cavani's contract ends this summer. I think we're signing a striker regardless this summer, especially now.

Associate
Irrespective of the general situation, I don't think the club or the player want to bring Martial back. MU will be relying on Elanga and Amad to come good so that they can spend money on CM. With Greenwood gone, its really time for Sancho to step up on that right flank.

Soldato
It could be an opportunity for Sancho if United's star academy product is to be unavailable for a long stretch. It will remove any pressure for the club heirarchy to favour their home grown, and instead give Sancho time and a decent run at it. If he gets the form of his Germany seasons back it could be good for utd and bad for the rest of us. Lots of ifs there though as there does seem to be something awry in the wider United squad at the moment. There's a lack of cohesion at best so far as it looks to us on the outside

fez

fez

Caporegime
Have to say, unless Pogba comes back and players really well and we figure out how to make Sancho work in this team we are really going to struggle to get top 4. I know the Greenwood situation came out of the blue but we are seriously lacking game changers with Martial leaving as well.

Amazed we didn't got for at least one CM even if they were a gamble.

Caporegime
Irrespective of the general situation, I don't think the club or the player want to bring Martial back. MU will be relying on Elanga and Amad to come good so that they can spend money on CM. With Greenwood gone, its really time for Sancho to step up on that right flank.

It's too late now but absolutely a striker will be needed in summer.

For now, do they keep Martial to cover Gwood or play Elanga more?

Martial and Amad are both out on loan...

I think we should recall Pellistri personally, he's not playing enough and it was a bad loan move anyway. He would give us some cover on the right.

Soldato
Have to say, unless Pogba comes back and players really well and we figure out how to make Sancho work in this team we are really going to struggle to get top 4. I know the Greenwood situation came out of the blue but we are seriously lacking game changers with Martial leaving as well.

Amazed we didn't got for at least one CM even if they were a gamble.
Your amazed we didn't go for a cm we needed one back in the summer and didn't get one .With this board I'm not.
All January is to them is dividends for the owners all the board keep saying is its hard to do business in January other teams don't find it hard though

fez

fez

Caporegime
Your amazed we didn't go for a cm we needed one back in the summer and didn't get one .With this board I'm not.
All January is to them is dividends for the owners all the board keep saying is its hard to do business in January other teams don't find it hard though

Yes. 100%.

The board along with what seems like at least 75% our of fans thought that we were going to compete for the league this season based on getting Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho and we came second last season (which was definitely not because everyone apart from City had shocking seasons ;)).

This is the same board who gave Ole a new contract to make sure all those pesky teams like Barca, Bayern and RM wouldn't steal our massively in demand manager. Our board are idiots but we seem to have a few more sensible heads at the club now and we need to get top 4. The biggest hole in the team is CM and even a wasted £40-50m this Jan isn't that much if it gives you a better chance of getting CL.

Back
Top Bottom