The MR2 replacement is here!

Don
The MR2 replacement is here! - ITR DC5!

Following on from my thread a couple of weeks ago about selling my MR2 (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17984991&highlight=startername_ci_newman), I took a flight up to Glasgow at 6am this morning to collect it's replacement:

19032009095.jpg

Proceeding the pick-up, I had a 450-mile trip back down to Basingstoke (in Hampshire) so I can go back to work tomorrow.

It's a bit hard to do a full write-up after only 99% motorways but it is certainly a world apart from the MR2.

I could quite happily cruise along the motorway in 6th gear without too much cabin noise and an overal return of 40mpg for the journey it's a definate improvement.

Me = one happy bunny :D:cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Considering one of these as my next purchase as I loved my DC2 so much. Not so keen on the colour, think it's a bit bland considering the type of car, would have gone for white or black. Awesome car though, enjoy

Associate
Looks great, I'm a big fan of these - they seem to be holding a very high value being import only. How much did you pay and at what mileage?

Don
OP
Superb car but as above, i'd have to have white or black, or possibly blue.

I made a decision to avoid the black since the few examples I've seen are typical black japanese paint - when the sun caught them they looked like they had been cleaned with a brillow pad :p

As for the white, again a decided that although it's very 'racer' - it wasn't me :) I especially dislike the red and blue interiors and white cars with black interiors are pretty rare. I agree that the silver is understated but that's what I wanted. It's silver or red, and I think there's only a handful of Milano red's in the country!

Looks great, I'm a big fan of these - they seem to be holding a very high value being import only. How much did you pay and at what mileage?

I paid a little over £9k and the mileage is just under 50k after my drive back home today. The interior of the car is in an almost perfect condition as is most of the exterior paint work - The guy I purchased it from has been the only UK owner since it was imported in 2005 and has looked after it very well. It's completely standard!!

These cars are holding their residual values very well at the moment, especially with some of the big DC5s importers pulling out of keeping them in stock due to the poor pound/yen.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
40MPG! GTFO

Nice car. Silver is the fastest colour ,fact ;)

I'd lose the JDM tango imo, but other than that, lovely. Black interiors are actually pretty rare on these so you either get red or blue mostly, so well done there. Would love those seats for my EP3 but really rare.

The DC5 is becoming less rare these days now they're tipping under 10k but at least the styling is unique in the UK and it aint an import version of a model we already have. Congrats, and... GIT! :D ;)

Don
OP
you sure about that 40mpg?

very jealous! legendary machine.

It was closer to 39mpg, but yep :) Very sure about it! I got from Scotland to Basingstoke with a tank of petrol (45l to fill) and another 5l or so from a second tank.

I barely went over 70mph and traffic was clear for the whole trip.

I'm not sure about the JDM tango tbh - I de-tango'd the MR2 as it made the car look more modern but I won't get the same effect on the 'Teg

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I remember my mate de-tangoing his Corsa about 7 years ago, it looked good.

A Japanese import does not need de-tangoing, it'll look ass.

You didn't S2000s a month ago but I caught you praising one on here, be quiet! :p

But yeah, I looked at a pic of another silver DC5 and it must be your pic that makes the orange stand out quite a bit. Never noticed it on others I have to say. I'm a hooligan chav, I like my tango in a can with added vodka tbh ;)

Back
Top Bottom