The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
It's my first experience of being in a chain too. My current/outgoing property was my first so I was a first time buyer buying a new build so it was relatively straight forward.

This time even with a relatively small chain it's been stressful to say the least.

Soldato
It's my first experience of being in a chain too. My current/outgoing property was my first so I was a first time buyer buying a new build so it was relatively straight forward.

This time even with a relatively small chain it's been stressful to say the least.

We're in the same position at the moment, and having already had our first buyer pull out - every time the phone rings I'm dreading it's the agent telling us it's happened again. Fingers crossed we're hoping to exchange in the next 8 weeks or so.

Soldato
OMG after weeks of "almost there" and a stressful few weeks (and today which was horrific) found out at 3.00 this afternoon we have exchanged, removal men coming to pack up tomorrow then complete / move on Friday!!

Soldato
Moved yesterday. Hired a van and did it ourselves. Feeling it today!

I got a man with van to do most of mine... and we decided to take a load of stuff manually as we filled up his truck.

After a week of evenings after work driving back/forth to new house, I think next time I'll go for a full removal! By the end of it I was on the edge of madness.

Associate
So my purchase is still ongoing since the start of December, I expect it's going to fall through either this week or next so back to looking for something else to buy. Been having a look on zoopla/rightmove etc over the past month but not really seen much of interest tbh.

Seller has moved out and can't afford to keep paying the mortgage, so unless we can exchange contracts by the end of May the estate agent has suggested the vendor is going to pull out and rent the place instead. Considering my solicitor sent 25 enquiries 3 months ago and so far we've only had replies to 4 of them I highly doubt we'd exchange by next week. They still have 8 of the outstanding enquiries to resolve before sending it all back to my solicitor, and they're also waiting on the Land Registry to register the parking space that wasn't registered in their name.

Considering how slow the other side has been, I've been half expecting this tbh. Oh well, back to house hunting.

Back
Top Bottom