The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
100% go via the EA, it impacts their commission so they need to know. Additionally they have secured the sale and want it to proceed so will potentially use some influence to encourage the seller to aceppt.
I flipped between the two and went direct to sellers. I thought EA would if anything want to protect their commission and so hold out for the higher price.

Anyway, the seller won't take a dime less than asking which is fair enough and he just apologised and said ive got a couple weeks and if i cant make it work he will go back on the market. The same day as our offer he had another which was just over asking but he went with us as we are FTB etc. I can believe it, its a competitive area.

Just need to decide how to do this really. I stupidly locked up a big chunk of money in a LISA which I can't use but it would kill me to suffer the 25% loss.

Soldato
Surveyor rang me today to say only minor points on the survey. Nothing that would stop him from buying the house he said.

Some 'damp' readings which are not visible. He said weather can make readings fluctuate!

Will check report when i get it next week.

Living room floor half concrete half suspended wooden floor. Two rooms knocked into one years ago by the look of it.

Hoping report reads ok!!

Associate
Posted a while back about our journey. Got to within about a week before exchanging only for the guy at the top of the chain to pull out and therefore it was back to square one for us. That was on September 16th.

Had a viewing at a house on the 20th September, perfect in pretty much every way and not more than a mile from the location of the house we were going to buy. Offer was accepted straight away.

Happy to say that we exchanged yesterday, 38 days (5 1/2 weeks) after our offer was accepted! It would have been even quicker as we were due to exchange on the 25th of this month but our sellers solicitors had lost their copy of the sellers contract and our bank hadn't updated their LMS system with the new address we were purchasing. That mess got sorted out in 2 days though so not a big a deal as it could have been. The estate agents said that it's not often that the process goes so quickly and so well but when you have a really good seller, a really good buyer, and solicitors that get **** done (mostly), it makes things very easy! even the searches got one in 5 days!

Our seller moved out today but due to a clause in our mortgage there needs to be 7 working days between exchange and completion so we're now sat around waiting to move in!

so quick update... exchanged last week and completing tomorrow!!! can't wait... :)

Caporegime
So we were repeatedly told that the chain is ready to go and just waiting for us to sign contracts, which we did on Thursday.

I fire off an email to the EAs confirming we've signed and it turns out the bottom of the chain haven't signed the title transfer form yet nor had confirmation of transfer of funds from their mortgage company.

Meant to be completing on Friday. "Nothing to be concerned about" they tell me.

I hate moving house.

Soldato
It really is a nerve wracking time. It's giving me the two Bob bits :D

We complete tomorrow. Van is booked for Wednesday and Thursday. I think 95% of our stuff is packed now. Only things left are final bits in the kitchen, the main TV to box up and odds and sods.

Really looking forward to it now.

Soldato
Had my survey back. Some bits and bobs plus damp on front wall minor, damp on rear wall, not so minor! No sign of damp, just the magic meter picking it up.

Plus gaps in attic walls between house and neighbours...

I am asking for a £2k reduction in price...

See what they say

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the mortgage approval through!

Whilst there's still time for it all to go wrong, it's a vacant property, owner in care needing a sale and looking to sell asap.

Next up is sorting insurances, and lawyer paperwork.

Soldato
@Unseul congrats :) hopefully the rest goes well.

I just received a call from my solicitor, their end is all done, money has gone through. Just waiting on estate agents to call now to go get the keys which should by by 1pm.

Thank you! I hope so.

Nice and exciting for you too! Ours is vacant, so we shouldn't have any issue on that front at least.

Soldato
Back in this thread again, currently in the process of selling a vacant property to a company who is using a bridging loan and not getting any surveys done.

I've gone with a local solicitors this time instead of a big national with online tracking etc, it is way cheaper but I feel like I'm in the dark.

Contract sent to buyers solicitor on the 14th October.

Back
Top Bottom