The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
We have accepted final offer of £415k from same first time buyers that put in bid of £410k, just waiting for them to send in all paperwork to our estate agent. We have our eye on house for £350k, will need new bathroom + kitchen....also we will look into getting extension done as well. Got viewing booked for it on Saturday, if like it will book another viewing and ask builder to come with us to look at the work it will need. Fingers crossed it all works out as there are no other properties we like in that area at the moment.

Associate
The developer has put the house back on the market :(

We had 6 weeks from putting down a reservation to get a buyer, but that ran out last week.

Our house is still on the market, seriously considering a price drop now

Associate
The developer has put the house back on the market :(

We had 6 weeks from putting down a reservation to get a buyer, but that ran out last week.

Our house is still on the market, seriously considering a price drop now
It's all about what you think your house is worth. Look at other houses in your area and how does your house compare to them.
When agent put ours on sale I thought £425 was way too much, I said to Mrs anything over £405k I would be happy with. We are still walking away with crazy equity as we have been in this house for 10 years and it's almost doubled in price.

Soldato
It's all about what you think your house is worth. Look at other houses in your area and how does your house compare to them.

What a house is worth and what someone is prepared to pay are two very different things.

Timing, the wider market and a little luck come in to it too when it comes to getting the best price.

Everyone naturally wants the best price for their own sale and a discount on their onward!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Saw a house we really liked today. Going to offer on it despite ours not being sold yet. What's the worst that can happen?!

Worst is they won't entertain it. Or they will say we will still leave it up for sale in the meantime to continue getting leads.

It all depends on how desperate/in a rush the seller is. If you offer is strong they may be happy to wait.

Soldato
Worst is they won't entertain it. Or they will say we will still leave it up for sale in the meantime to continue getting leads.

It all depends on how desperate/in a rush the seller is. If you offer is strong they may be happy to wait.

Indeed. But if we don't offer then we may miss out on it completely! I'd rather offer and be rejected than not offer and never know. We were fully transparent with the owners as well.

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom