1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New 20" Widescreen Monitors

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by AFK_Matrix, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

we know the NEC is an S-IPS panel hence i am not getting one, thou the response time is strange for an IPs panel. should be 16ms.

2. nomadpete

Associate

i was thinking it may have been an error in the pdf, but from the other information it seems it's correct - here's the line:

Response Time (typ.) [msec] 6 (gray - gray) ; 12 (tr- tf)

guess the tr-tf is rise/fall, but not sure as although i keep an eye out for response times, they're still a bit of a dark art

3. Seirrah

Gangster

But this is S(uper)-IPS, not IPS, so that makes sense ?

4. Baddass

Don

i'd be wary of the 6ms G2G response time quote, since afaik Lg.Philips haven't done much overdrive application to their S-IPS panels. This might well be a new leap, but it could very well be a number on paper and not much else

5. nomadpete

Associate

yep, thanks to your much appreciated shared wisdom through this forum i've realised that quoted response times for LCDs are much like rated power in the HiFi world - ie, a general indicator but can vary a great deal, and it's still down to getting it in front of you and seeing it in the flesh.

however, the NEC looks quite nice - although the flash presentation here on NEC's site won't be everyones tastes:

http://www.nec-display-solutions.com/gamingspecial/index_en.html

any idea if OC may look at getting some of these in? i've had good experiences with NEC panels in the past

6. Gibbo

Commissario

Unfortunately NEC are way way overpriced, sometimes upto £200 out on price which makes them very unpopular.

7. sunky

PermaBanned

i would rather go for dell instead of acer cos of more functionality n reslotion

8. =LCD=

Associate

9. Richdog

Capodecina

10. Richdog

Capodecina

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  11. Baddass

Don

nice site. Seen that place before, quite handy but not fully up to date. For example the 200W6CS is listed as 16ms still. Quite handy though :)

12. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

13. DannyW

Man of Honour

whats the Acer AL2016Ws like?

bad / good ?

14. Baddass

Don

see my comments in the Philips thread about this. Looking into this more as i dont think this is all very clear

15. pfk

Gangster

Nice find there Richdog.

The price they’ve quoted for the Viewsonic VX2025WM (See: http://www.prad.de/en/guide/screen2648.html) looks grossly overestimated at 1200 Euros (including tax and forwarding expenses). The German tax rate is less than ours so I wonder how much these so called forwarding expenses really are?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006