The New Cases Gallery

Associate
IMG-20131021-00039_zpsd679d07f.jpg

IMG-20131021-00031_zpsfca8fe4a.jpg

IMG-20131021-00030_zpsa86fe0ab.jpg

IMG-20131021-00036_zps7c7c6c6a.jpg

Associate
This case is singing it's swan song now... it has faithfully cooled all my hardware configurations through the last 5½ years. Retirement is coming soon... just not sure to what.

Last edited:
Soldato
Primo.. :)

Scotty, How good is the case?

Best case I've had (I've had a few lately)

Easy to work on, loads of room

Also feel it would be a very good case for air cooling.

It's a well built and thought out case - Oh and it's heavy

Price is a little steep compared to others but you do get a lot for your money (if that makes sense)

Soldato
That's me done I think, relocated the HDD into the 5.25" bay, removed 3.5" bay.

Also got some red labels made for the Crucial M4 and power supply in red and the right orientation for my build.

Rg7QhmL.jpg
SIKgpz2.jpg

i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866mhz
Gigabye Z87X-OC
Inno3D GeForce GTX 780 iChill HerculeZ X3 Ultra
Asus Xonar DG
1TB WD Black
128GB Crucial M4
Corsair H100i with SP120 Performance edition fans.
Corsair 750D with 1 x AF140 and 1 x AF120 fan.

Soldato
Is it just me or does your 780 look like it is sagging? Maybe consider a ghetto method of keeping her up?

Thinking about it, why not use the upper rubber grommet to pass your PCIe cables through (the one above where you are using now) and make then taught, thus giving a bit of tension. One problem is that your PCIe connectors on your gcard would have a bit of tension being applied.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, I've been using OCUK for years so I figured I should get involved in the forums. I read them all the time for information, but I never posted anything until today :)

I did a little bit of a case mod to my Corsair Vengeance C70 last week which I thought I would share with you.

I've owned the case for about a year, and I picked up a couple of Prolimatech Aluminium Vortex Silver Wings a few months ago.

I really like the fans, but I wasn't sure where to place them. Since they look stunning it seemd a shame to hide them inside my case, so I decided I would utilize the side panel vents. I tried mounting them using the holes in the side of the case, but they just didn't look right hiding behind all the perspex.

So I whipped out the detail tool and started cutting 2 massive holes. The fans are now clearly visible. I left the grilles on the outside for safety since those aluminium blades could probably remove a finger, but I sprayed them green to match the case. I also added a couple of aluminium mesh filters to keep out dust and protect the blades on the inside of the case. All of this is held together by some silicone fan mounting grommets.

I am really happy with the final results:

87Etbqf.jpg

PL6WoIg.jpg

In the final picture, you can also see the only other mod I have done to the case, which was a very quick and easy stealthed optical drive. I hated having a black drive and this is a much cleaner look than respraying the bezel

OUgKB2a.jpg

If anyone is thinking of getting this case, I am a firm supporter of it. It has plenty of room and is very well designed. I don't have any internal pics to show right now (I can provide some if necessary), but the modular design of the HDD cages allowed me to remove virtually everything for maximum air flow.

Last edited:
Associate
I was considering doing the same with mine, but I really liked these fans :)

My next plans involve a new GPU with the new Kraken G10. This will mean I have a closed loop cooler at the top of the case for the CPU(140MMx280MM), and one at the front of the case for the GPU (120MMx240MM).

Given the amount of air this configuration will be pushing out of my system, I think these side intakes will be completely necessary to maintain positive air pressure.

The case really is a joy to work with though. So many options and all so easy to configure.

Back
Top Bottom