*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Soldato
About time I posted mine in here.

Nothing too fancy but I tried to make it as neat as I could because the case has a blummin window. :)
(I do like the case though - Corsair Carbide Air 240 - the partitioned design makes hiding the cables very easy.)
Computer by Box with a button, on Flickr

Last edited:
Associate
very nice but would look a lot better if the mustard 24pin was a braided one as it stands out like a sore thumb on an otherwise very nice looking build

Soldato
very nice but would look a lot better if the mustard 24pin was a braided one as it stands out like a sore thumb on an otherwise very nice looking build

Thanks, appreciated.

I agree with you re the 24pin. I have all the bits to make my own individually braided extension (connectors, spacers, heat-shrink and two colours of braid - black and gold) but just haven't got around to it. To be honest I'm not totally sold on the idea of braiding the individual wires because it would be too wide and look out of place in such a small build, let alone interrupt the airflow, so I may just wrap the whole cable as it is in a darker braid and make something to cover the bare ends & connector.

Last edited:
Soldato
Old case, in fact ancient as its a Coolermaster Cosmos 1000. I must have bought it 15 years ago. I've cut in a window, sprayed the inside black and water-cooled my pc. Will probably treat myself to an open style case next year but happy with cheap mods to this one.

IMG-5591.jpg

Soldato
Here's my new 8086k pc(hardware in sig) in a Cooltek W2 Case thats a few yrs old now, but still a great compact looking case. That ugly big thick black cable is connected to a scsi card, as I have just recently got myself a LTO Tape Drive. I would wire tie that cable up, but bending/squashing the cable might break the wires

24glk06.jpg

344z3wk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What's the airflow like on the W2? Always liked its aesthetic.

Its fine but you have to change the rear fan grill to the usual the round wired one, as the stock fan grill doesn't let much air escape, as it added 10c+ to gpu. but since I have change the fan grill and all 3 fans for better quality ones, gpu sits in the 60's, low 70s while gaming and cpu stays again in the 60's, low 70's when running intel burn test. Thats quite impressive for a small case I think and a nice long gpu can fit in there too.

Associate
Well after 4 years, I've sadly had to replace my great little Cooltek U3 :(

So smart, sleek and minimalistic, but unfortunately 260mm just isn't enough space for any of the GPUs I've had my eyes on recently, and today my 1070Ti arrived...

...So it was goodbye to little U3

a9sa5j.jpg

...and hello to Black Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Micro ATX!

16jlqbr.jpg

jz7kwn.jpg

m8z1pf.jpg

Still getting used to the size difference. Even though the Enthoo is a Micro ATX case, it's so big compared to the U3! It's a great case though. Very smart.

Soldato
I picked up a Tower 900 off eBay last week. Wow its ******* huge!!! First attempt at a build like this with making a pass through and dual loop. A couple of bends are far from perfect but I just want to game now. Still really chuffed with how it came out and really enjoyed building it. Couldn't photograph it with front glass as reflections ruined it.

full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom