The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

noj

noj

Associate
I've just purchased the 24-70 2.8L lens and should be here tomorrow,I'm also looking for the 70-200 2.8,I've heard really good things about the F4 version.
Have you had a 70-200 before ?

No, I’ve got a 24-105 and a 16-35 so this is a longer lens for me. My wife just picked up the canon 100-400l series one which is a nice lens too

Caporegime
Funny you should say that,my friend only said this to me last night :)

Once i have these 2 lens i am done.

Holy Trinity zooms and I’m done.
Holy trinity primes and I’m done.
Once I fill this bag I’m done.
Once I fill this larger bag I’m done
Once I fill this case I’m done.
Once I fill this larger case I’m done.
Once I fill both of these cases I’m done.

It never ends!

Soldato
43041412382_69593a918c_c.jpg

Thanks to Jessops 20% part exchange boost starting today.

Caporegime
Got the Sony FE 85/1.8 arrived last week, now I have my favourite 3 focal lengths covered on 3 systems….crazy, can shoot a wedding on any one of these! Now this isn't the definitive of their size comparison as I can make the Sony and Fuji slightly smaller by removing the grips, I could have got the Canon 35/2.0 or the smaller Canon 50/1.4. Similarly the Sony I could have got the Sigma 85/1.4 Art E-Mount, and the resulting aperture/bokeh effect on the Fuji doesn't compare to FF, but this is what I chose to have. The Canon is the largest and heaviest as you expect but it is the lenses that is the biggest weight gain/lost.

aJfcsFa.jpg

4jm3xHH.jpg

Associate
Got the Sony FE 85/1.8 arrived last week, now I have my favourite 3 focal lengths covered on 3 systems….crazy, can shoot a wedding on any one of these! Now this isn't the definitive of their size comparison as I can make the Sony and Fuji slightly smaller by removing the grips, I could have got the Canon 35/2.0 or the smaller Canon 50/1.4. Similarly the Sony I could have got the Sigma 85/1.4 Art E-Mount, and the resulting aperture/bokeh effect on the Fuji doesn't compare to FF, but this is what I chose to have. The Canon is the largest and heaviest as you expect but it is the lenses that is the biggest weight gain/lost.

aJfcsFa.jpg

4jm3xHH.jpg

Raymond,

which 85mm do you think is best the Sony or Canon ?

Back
Top Bottom