The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Man of Honour
A pns to begin with like the Rode would put me in the right track really, I've been toying with perspective zooming today (focusing while zooming and physically moving back and forth, think LOTR) and the effect is really nice with a wide angle lens but I can't help but think it would be much nicer with a lens sporting image stabilisation and this brings me to my next venture down the line, a fast lens for low light video with IS.

The mic comes first though! I understand what you mean and I guess the best result will always be off camera audio recording then mixing in later during editing.

Soldato
OP
Got a new 550d body on the way as they are a steal at present. Have managed with a trusty 1000d thus far but frequently hit its limits/went beyond them.

Was tempted by a used 5d MK2 but would find it harder to justify with a four figure price tag.

Soldato
Always regretted not getting one of these when I bought my A77, so walking past LCE this morning I noticed this in the window and just had to have it :D

DSC00548.jpg

Soldato
:p

Don't get me looking at new lenses, I need to learn how to use the camera properly.

I've also got my nifty fifty to play around with DoF before I upgrade (DAMN IT'S ALREADY STARTING!!!!)

Soldato
Haha, glad you're liking it, better than the Tamron? :p

It feels a lot better than the Tamron, it focus's noticeably faster and my initial thoughts are that it seems quite a bit sharper wide open and its appears to be a bit more 'contrasty' as well.

What is the build quality like? It looks like it is built like a tank!

Its a proper lump. It feels great in the hand and balances beautifully on my A77.

I just need to get it out shooting in the next couple of days when work decide to leave me alone.

Associate
Having looked through some 20 pages of this thread I've come to the conclusion that..

Pretty much everyone in this thread is a canon user.

>.<

Soldato
I haven't bought anything camera related, but I did get my mitts on a nice 1952 pickup for my telecaster from ebay :D

Currently investigating the possibility of a bank giving me 5Dmk3 cash :D

Back
Top Bottom