• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Soldato
I'm sure even similar clocks would be fine. Typically a slight gpu clock speed difference does not equal a massive fps difference, especially on single cards.

This game seems to favour 6 cores, but will need a bigger sample size i guess.

I thought that was the case but Whyscotty tested this and his score was lower than his 4770.

3930K@ 4.7 - -Titan @ 1241/1802 gave 80.2 average in the other thread.

Soldato
Flaming hell the guy has said his score is legit and there's no proof it isn't. Just add it already :p.

I was pointed to this thread as I was told something funny was happening...

You have to admit though there's some really big differences in Nvidia scores whether the scores are legit or not. I don't really see what's funny about it either tbh as if this was the firestrike thread all hell would be breaking loose. If you don't question the validity of strange looking results then none of the benchmark threads mean a thing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You have to admit though there's some really big differences in Nvidia scores whether the scores are legit or not. I don't really see what's funny about it either tbh as if this was the firestrike thread all hell would be breaking loose. If you don't question the validity of strange looking results then none of the benchmark threads mean a thing.

Its only funny when its one of the old boys club. :p

Man of Honour
Lets see those sums as numbers imo can't explain it.

I went round on a single Titan @1175/1802 and scored 81.5 fps

_Alatar_ was using 1346/1925

If we just stick to the core speed to start with

81.5 / 1175 = 0.0694 x 1346 = 93.361 fps

If you then factor in the higher memory speed _Alatar_ was using and the slightly more efficient Haswell 4770k that will bring the score up to what he got - 95.8 fps.

Soldato

If you then factor in the higher memory speed _Alatar_ was using and the slightly more efficient Haswell 4770k that will bring the score up to what he got - 95.8 fps.

How would you then factor this in.

#2, Gregster: GTXTitan @ 1306/1881, 3930K @ 5Ghz - DirectX FPS: Min 60.5 / Avr 84.2. Link

or this from the last thread.

2. khemist-780Ti@1410/1905, [email protected]

I think something funny is going on with Nvidia and this benchmark.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a game benchmark. It's a bit of fun not a competition.

The simple answer is they were ran on different drivers and different set-ups. Because of that no comparison can be made. Alatar got what he did and the others got what they did. That's why these threads exist to compare what different users are getting on different PCs. I really fail to see the problem.

Unless you sit there and debug the drivers he's using and the game the answer you seek cannot be found. :)

Soldato

The simple answer is they were ran on different drivers and different set-ups. Because of that no comparison can be made. Alatar got what he did and the others got what they did. That's why these threads exist to compare what different users are getting on different PCs. I really fail to see the problem.

Unless you sit there and debug the drivers he's using and the game the answer you seek cannot be found. :)

Makes just about every bench thread useless then. So much for user benchmarks.

I will say though that Thief is about the only bench thread that i have seen where numbers ain't to predictable.

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem with Gregsters score is it is actually quite low, probably where he was using older drivers.

He scored much higher in the other thread using older drivers and lower clocks than he did on newer drivers for this thread. Has this game been patched?

It's no big deal really but i think it was worth asking the questions. Yes these threads are for fun but how fun would they be if nobody questioned results and everyone thought they could cheat. I don't think anybody is cheating for the record. I just find it interesting that the results can have such big differences on similar machines and most keep there drivers up to date so i assume similar drivers.

Man of Honour
He scored much higher in the other thread using older drivers and lower clocks than he did on newer drivers for this thread. Has this game been patched?

It's no big deal really but i think it was worth asking the questions. Yes these threads are for fun but how fun would they be if nobody questioned results and everyone thought they could cheat. I don't think anybody is cheating for the record. I just find it interesting that the results can have such big differences on similar machines and most keep there drivers up to date so i assume similar drivers.

Where I run several bench threads I do look at a lot of results and I don't think I have found anyone who has cheated.

On the Heaven 4 bench I have thrown out several results that were not right but I think these were genuine mistakes.

Soldato
Where I run several bench threads I do look at a lot of results and I don't think I have found anyone who has cheated.

On the Heaven 4 bench I have thrown out several results that were not right but I think these were genuine mistakes.

Yea it's a good forum and i would be surprised if anyone was cheating on purpose. At the end of the day it's up to Humbug to make his own mind up about results. If he never questioned the result after comparing Greg's score to Alatar's then he would not be running the thread properly.

Caporegime
OP

Did you actually get 93.361 fps or are you just adding up?

15% higher clock = 15% higher score does not add up to me, clock scaling is never that linear.

Your 81 FPS @ 1175 on your Titan is the same as Tommy on his 290X @ 1175, and yet Avenged7Fold only got 86 @ 1300Mhz also on a 290X and a faster Haswell CPU. while Greg only got 84 on his 1300Mhz Titan.

So 100% clock to score scaling doesn't happen, it never does.

All those add up. Alatar's does not, not even close.

His FPS in all 3 aspects are way higher than anyone, in double digests, it should be marginal if anything.

Its just not making sense to me.

I can't just add anything, if its not right. its not fair on others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom