The Next Time You Eat Chicken

Soldato
I think that must be worse surely?

When someone loses a lot of blood don't they just pass out with little suffering? obviously as long as the cut isn't nasty, where as bolts to the brain would cause who knows what experience.

Permabanned

When someone loses a lot of blood don't they just pass out with little suffering? obviously as long as the cut isn't nasty, where as bolts to the brain would cause who knows what experience.
It stuns them so they don't feel the cut to the throat. They're not bolted to be killed; they are bolted to be stunned so they're not aware of having their throats split open. They are ultimately and technically bled to death.

Caporegime

When someone loses a lot of blood don't they just pass out with little suffering?

Would you rather i shot you in the head or cut your throat?

obviously as long as the cut isn't nasty, where as bolts to the brain would cause who knows what experience.

it destroys the hemisphears, so basically instant brain death.

Permabanned
That seems worse, why slit the throat anyway as its also nasty, surely just blood loss would be best out of all the methods?
Ok, what would you rather?

1) Have your throat slit, feel the cut across your entire neck and windpipe and be fully aware of it all, including the loss of blood and dizzyness associated
or
2) Be bolted to the head (without realising it), having no pain registered and not be aware of being cut and bled to death?

Easy choice to be honest.

Caporegime
That seems worse, why slit the throat anyway as its also nasty, surely just blood loss would be best out of all the methods?

You slit the throat while only the brain stem is alive (the animal is dead at this point and only has heart and lung etc function) as this drains the blood with the advantage of the heart beating to help.

It takes hours to bleed to death, so proiduction would be imposoble, and i'd rather be shot in the head than have my wrists cut.

Have you ever felt shock from an injury radiation? Trust me quick death > feeling sick dizzy and wanting more than anything to just vomit and curl up in a ball.

surely just blood loss would be best out of all the methods?

You see lots of vet's animal welfare people, farmers, and slaughters got together and decided on guidlines that where both efficent and the least distressing to the animal.

You sitting there with no experiance of what bleeding to death from a large cut is like is not really a good argument.

Last edited:
Permabanned
it destroys the hemisphears, so basically instant brain death.
Not all bolt guns penetrate. In fact, it is uncommon to use penetrating bolt guns in the UK. The bolt guns most of the slaughtermen use in this country deliver a blow to the head/base of the neck/forehead strong enough to render them unconscious.

Permabanned
Neither, blood drained while under anaesthesia.

The brain will still experience something though and i doubt it will be nice.
Well, tests indicate that the brain has little to no activity after stunning in this way. I am not sure what tests you have to provoke your doubts, but I'd like to hear of them.

Caporegime
Not all bolt guns penetrate. In fact, it is uncommon to use penetrating bolt guns in the UK. The bolt guns most of the slaughtermen use in this country deliver a blow to the head/base of the neck/forehead strong enough to render them unconscious.

When i looked last time one of these threads came up I'm sure the guidline said the bolt had to enter and destroy the brain.

Although i think they where welsh guidlines but it shouldn;t make too much difference.

whacking thier neck would surely be a stupid idea as you're risking damaging the brainstem and thus the heart function?

Permabanned
When i looked last time one of these threads came up I'm sure the guidline said the bolt had to enter and destroy the brain.

Although i think they where welsh guidlines but it shouldn;t make too much difference.
All animals slaughtered for pharmaceuticals can't have the bolt penetrate. With the panic over mad cow disease, the non-penetrating bolt gun became much more popular because the place where the animal is bolted is not at all sterile, whereas where they are hung is.

Soldato
Well, tests indicate that the brain has little to no activity after stunning in this way. I am not sure what tests you have to provoke your doubts, but I'd like to hear of them.

Well i mean its not guaranteed to work every time is it?

Anyway its not really a nice topic to talk about, i would just like to see meat factorys producing it without the animal or any nervous system at all, hopefully they'll get these kind of advances soon.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Can't sell meat full of anestetic.

I thought you just pass out with little suffering though, ill be honest i don't know for sure but its the impression i got?

No with blood loss first you would go into shock which is ****ing horrible, like beeing really really ill, then you'll pass out some time later and then die a lot later, but you'll still have a lot of blood left which will coagulate and ruin the meat.

Also agaisnt popular belief drowning is not a peaceful way to go.

Caporegime
All animals slaughtered for pharmaceuticals can't have the bolt penetrate. With the panic over mad cow disease, the non-penetrating bolt gun became much more popular because the place where the animal is bolted is not at all sterile, whereas where they are hung is.

Well this is animals for meat? not pharmecuticals?

and it was pigs/sheep i looked up i think, so thats probbably why.

Back
Top Bottom