****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Soldato
I played for about 2hrsish and the battery died on me playing RE:R. Also the game seems to lag in certain places like the funny lift with rotating doors.
Good game im on chapter 4 now, the CCP is quite painful after a while.

Caporegime
OP
I had the same worry I used the little bit of foam that comes with it, so far its kept scratches away :D

That's what I've been using too! Ghetto screen protector. :p

Nintendo has never been a slouch when it comes to power the Wii was a one off, its main problem apart from power and resolution was its really old technology something the 3DS doesn’t suffer, the GPU in it is very capable in the 3DS.

I wonder what the chances are of some Dreamcast ports.

Caporegime
I played for about 2hrsish and the battery died on me playing RE:R. Also the game seems to lag in certain places like the funny lift with rotating doors.

Mine stuttered on Zelda, on the second to last boss.

Anyone else notice that? Hoping it was just poor coding.

XPE

XPE

Soldato

Tried turning off the wifi?, as for the CCP I’ve had no problems with it quite the opposite, just goes to show ever ones hands are different.

The lag is very strange whenever the action heats up its fine but my god the lifts and when the doors close and it loading up a level, I would be very mad if this was happening in fire fights!

Soldato
Indeed, it's a good time to own a 3DS. :)

By the way, when I close the lid on my console, the plastic edging of the bottom screen touches the top screen and leaves little lines. They're easy to wipe off, and not permanent, but I'm worried if I keep closing the lid then these marks might become permanent, have you guys noticed this too? I know a few people were discussing it quite early in the thread.

Yeah noticed it myself mate...not too worried as I'll no doubt upgrade to the inevitible revision in the future :p

They seem harmless however, easy wipe off, not concerned at all :)

Soldato
Played some more of RE:R just starting chapter 6. So far im really enjoying it, ive had my first jump in the game, which i wont spoil. The game does seem quite easy with me only dieing about 4 times so far.
But yeah im glad i bought the game, and cant wait to see the ending. Some of the FMV is amazing for a handheld and would look just as good on a console.

Associate
Is it just me also that tends to play with 3d off a lot of the time as when 3d is on you don't get antialiasing?!

I believe that's what happens in Ocarina of Time 3D and of course 3D is two images put together on the 3DS so would use around double the processing power to display. I suspect they made the decision to turn AA off to keep the framerate at a good level.

Soldato
Indeed, it's a good time to own a 3DS. :)

By the way, when I close the lid on my console, the plastic edging of the bottom screen touches the top screen and leaves little lines. They're easy to wipe off, and not permanent, but I'm worried if I keep closing the lid then these marks might become permanent, have you guys noticed this too? I know a few people were discussing it quite early in the thread.

I keep the cloth the 3DS came with between it when its shut thats working so far

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Ive been playing a bit more of the raid mode online, Its fun and while I play the single play with the 3D on Ive played raid mode with the 3D off and this game does look good!

If any one wants a game my code is 1504-5776-5139

Soldato
REV is amazing.

I'm at episode 9 and **** just got real.

Raid mode is difficult to play solo after a while but I still managed.

I'm still quite shocked at the graphic fidelity for the 3DS. Should be an interesting 2012. :D

Back
Top Bottom