****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Soldato
You're supposed to shoot the last boss when his purple smoke is coming out of his face. I can't dodge for toffee, I've tried pressing up on the stick or down+B, it works when it feels like it.

:p

No no...I got that straight away...that bit is pretty self explanatory! :D

Basically I kept getting up to the final section of the fight and when he was doing the running charge I was getting totally screwed over with it haha! Was so frustrating as I coasted the first 2 transformations...seems I should have kept a rocket launcher :p Would have solved any issues haha!

I was just flicking Up on the Circle Pad and that worked nicely, as long as you weren't moving it seemed to work out! :)

Soldato
No no...I got that straight away...that bit is pretty self explanatory! :D

Basically I kept getting up to the final section of the fight and when he was doing the running charge I was getting totally screwed over with it haha! Was so frustrating as I coasted the first 2 transformations...seems I should have kept a rocket launcher :p Would have solved any issues haha!

I was just flicking Up on the Circle Pad and that worked nicely, as long as you weren't moving it seemed to work out! :)

:D Good, I'm glad.

I got caught out by that a few times too, should be interesting in my next playthrough on Hell. :o

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Not heard the best things about this demo, people say it’s an old E3 build, I guess I dl it and find out.

Edit: Well that download fast, 1st impressions, it’s the ps2 version of snake eater with better controls and slightly less colour saturation, the frame drops in the cut scenes for whatever reason but the game play is fine.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure if anyone has mentioned but everyone must by Pullblox off the eShop. It is the best £5.40 you could wish to spend. It seems so simple but is far from it and some of the puzzles are so clever. It gives me that Portal "I am the only person in the world to have figured that out, I am BRILLIANT!" feeling. Which is quite a good feeling!

Execpt your useless at Portal and I have to figure all the puzzles out! :p

Just unlocked the other worlds on Mario 3D Land, their awesome and as you said Kreeeee make the first 8 worlds feel like training worlds!! :)

Man of Honour
They are training worlds!

A lot more effort has gone into the S worlds than the first 8, you get new items, properly thought out speed run paths, some very tricky bits and better set pieces.

Caporegime
They are training worlds!

A lot more effort has gone into the S worlds than the first 8, you get new items, properly thought out speed run paths, some very tricky bits and better set pieces.

Only played the first 3 or so levels.

The one with mini metal mario chasing you is just awesome. Such a thought out game, and this is why Nintendo will always be the leader of handhelds and innovation. :)

The 3DS has also changed my mind on 3D gaming, I turned it off when I first got it. But been using it the whole way throughout Mario and well it looks bloody fantastic everything just has this *pop* to it which seems to wrap you into the world that little bit more.

Soldato
Don't think the port is that great on the 3DS to be honest, actually really considering a Vita atm since I don't own a PS3 or Xbox and it seems the Vita will be getting a lot of PS3 games, so may just get the MGS collection on the Vita.

Caporegime
OP
Since my gf stole Pokemon from me I haven't switched the 3DS on in a while. Think I'll go and download the Snake Eater demo, anyone played it properly yet? :)

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Played the demo a couple of times and my opinion hasn’t changed its MGS3 on the go with better controls if you have the CPP.

Broken Hope I would wait until the reviews start coming in before you go running off to buy anther system for the game, people keep saying that this is an old E3 build and edge did give it 8 out of 10, also I don’t think peace walker is coming out in the vita release.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played the demo a couple of times and my opinion hasn’t changed its MGS3 on the go with better controls if you have the CPP.

Broken Hope I would wait until the reviews start coming in before you go running off to buy anther system for the game, people keep saying that this is an old E3 build and edge did give it 8 out of 10, also I don’t think peace walker is coming out in the vita release.

Oh it wouldn't be just for the MGS collection, but also the other games like Rayman Origins, ZOE collection, FFX etc etc.

It would be in addition to my 3DS, not instead of.

Caporegime
OP
Just had a quick stab, maybe I've been spoiled with the HD version on the PS3 but I thought the demo of this was horrible. The graphics were decent enough for a handheld but the controls are just horrific with only one analogue stick, why they didn't make it with two from the beginning I will never know. :(

Soldato
Dunno what to make of the snake eater demo, certainly didn't do the game much justice. Edge giving the game 8/10 is all well and good but they can be quite funny with ratings sometimes.

One thing that gives the game some hope in regards to the frame rate ect.. Resident Evil Revelations demo was pony (IMO), but the full game is amazing so hopefully MGS3 is an old build and turns out the same way RE:Rev did.

Back
Top Bottom