The **Now Drinking** Thread

Associate
Keylow said:
Tempted to go to the fridge for a pear Kopparbeg :o

And Craig, I recommend the Glenfiddich 15 Years Special Reserve. That's a really great whiskey :D
<pedant>Scotch is whisky - not whiskey. Whiskey is anything other than scotch</pedant>

But seeing as we're on the topic of malt... try a Balvenie 12 y.o., Longmorn 15 y.o. or a Springbank 10 y.o. (the Springbank really needs a drop of water in it to open it up, though)

The Balvenie is Glenfiddich's sister distillery 5 minutes up the road from it and produces much smaller quantities of a much richer, sweeter style dram. The 10 y.o. is very good as well, but not as good - IMHO.

Incidentally - if you can find it (and the cash for it - it's about £90) - the Macallan 18 y.o. Gran Riserva is probably the best whisky I've tasted and whoops much older whiskies (older whiskies does not necessarily = better whiskies, btw...)

... drinking tea at the mo (cheap carp supplied by the office... I've run out of Earl Grey :()

Associate
Just about to try Coke with Orange for the first time.. i don't drink coke too often, more of a Diet Coke person, but i thought i'd give it a try at least once. I don't think im going to like it..

Soldato
/dev/null said:
Now moved onto Pauwel Kwak. The wife beater of Belgian beer.

Kwak in proper Kwak glasses > all

Anyone every tried Leffe in red topped bottles, Got 6 when on holiday and not tried them yet, are they nice?

Soldato
KennyBhoy said:
photo1wc9.jpg

:o

Kopparberg is awesome. No one ever knows what I'm talking about, when I mention it though... :(

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
wordy said:
Kwak in proper Kwak glasses > all

I would agree with you, but I'll see your Kwak and raise you a Kasteel Brune:

kasteelbr.jpg

wordy said:
Anyone every tried Leffe in red topped bottles, Got 6 when on holiday and not tried them yet, are they nice?

Yes, it's Leffe Radieuse. A very interesting take on Leffe - quite different to Blonde, Brown and Tripel. Enjoy!

Man of Honour
Badger - Golden Champion

A refreshing Premium ale with a light fruity flavour

The light, refreshing character of our award-winning golden ale is distinguished by its subtle elderflower aroma, reminiscent of a summer's evening. Champion is particularly rewarding when served chilled.

Back
Top Bottom