1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The **Now Eating** Thread

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by J1234, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Merlin5

Capodecina

Looks incredible!@Ahleckz. Beautiful presentation.

Yep, I second that.

2. Super-Spy

Hitman

Yum, looking through this there is some hidden talent amongst us. One of my sons has also been exploring his inner chef during lockdown with some very tasty results.
    The only problem now is that he is a critique of our cooking :D

3. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

A few recent and not so recent cooks.

I've been brushing up on my Fillipino cooking with some Siopao as well as some Bao to be filled with adobo (first and last image)

I also had a go at whipping up some red velvet Baileys scottish tablet after snatching a few bottles on reduced to clear.

The purple thing you see is an example of what I eat for breakfast each morning while I'm cutting fat. Its 150g of fromage frais (flavoured with flav drops), 15g peanutbutter ,a bit of ube flavoured meringue and a ube protein cake like thing. The cake is something I improvised at the start of lockdown to treat a sweet tooth made with beans, whey,baking powder, flora, egg and sweetener (plus flavouring). The picture has a filter but if anyone has had/used ube before, you know how purple it can make food!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. opstrat

Mobster

we dined out/in tonight. purchased a picnic from six by nico in glasgow. was really good they way the do it. its all boxed with a menu and heating instructions.

[​IMG]

5. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

We've done a couple of dine at home things from The Man Behind The Curtain. The food has been really godo and the live cook along was a bit of a laugh. A much needed laugh tbh.

6. Craig1981

Capodecina

Damn I miss Six By Nico's. I wish I lived closer to Glasgow so I could take advantage of that Home By Nico package. I miss Scran too... :(

7. Merlin5

Capodecina

Lemon butter cake. Oh it's so delicious and zesty! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rodders

Wise Guy

Looks great, love a lemon cake. Can never be too zesty though!

9. Merlin5

Capodecina

Absolutely! I think I could have creamed the butter and sugar for a bit longer to fluff up the crumb and/or perhaps given it 10 minutes longer baking time. It's very nice though.

10. rodders

Wise Guy

Cut in half and out more icing through the middle ?

It does look a tad undercooked. I've had that before, but still tastes fine and isnt as stodgy as it looks.

11. Merlin5

Capodecina

Yeah, it tastes fine and isn't stodgy at all. However, I baked at 160c for just under 50 minutes and the recipe says 180c for about 45 to 50 minutes, so I probably could have baked it for longer. There's always that worry though that you'll risk drying out the sponge too much!

12. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Ghost pepper beef stew with mustard mash and chilli dumplings. Tastes absolutely amazing and just the right amount of kick.

[​IMG]

13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I didn't post these when I was in Japan.

I love this, had it more than once. Also dead cheap. About £5. Fatty beef slices with onions on rice. It comes with some sliced spring onions and a raw egg. You also should add the pickled ginger that it on the table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

One time I wanted to have Yamachan chicken wings, went into the wrong restaurant but only after I was seated I realised my mistake so I thought I order something to eat while I am there. I was honestly just picking random stuff from the iPad in front of me.

Some fried things and some fried micro shrimps then a really thick piece of ham in breadcrumbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I went next door (downstairs) to get my chicken wings.

[​IMG]

15. Rexxar

Wise Guy

@Raymond Lin Ray how do you do it with the photos, Are you lighting them or is it just whatever light is in the room? That all looks amazing !

16. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Whatever the lighting was available really. I don't take a flash on holiday.

17. Raikiri

Capodecina

Steak on (slightly over) toasted sourdough, topped with basil/tomato bruschetta, and a balsamic/honey reduction.

[​IMG]

18. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Ekiben/Bento box.

[​IMG]

19. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

Chicken Tikka biryani

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. SideWinder

Consigliere