The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
whats ostrich like and where did you get it from ? super market ? thinking of trying a few different meats like elk moose ostrich and so on.

These are SA produced and if done as per instruction (5 mins a side - I did 5 medium high and then a couple of minutes then added cheese + bacon with a lid on the pan at a lower temp)

They are not as dense as the steaks and not as rich, but they are really soft once cooked and are imo (apart from Wagyu) one of the easiest burgers to eat, even the OH managed to eat one, which is usually a struggle.

These were from Aldi and priced pretty good.

I'll probably have to start trying to look out for what I've not eaten yet, again as Elk has so far escaped me :)

Soldato
Yeah it sure is, sorry about the bad pic. We will be going again, Hazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D
And yes it's dripping as you said!

As soon as I see the menu and table I knew where you had been.

I like to visit the 'Dripping' places as you know they've not got there by spending too much and the food, drink, views are to die for.
I nearly got adopted by a dripping on my visit to the Rockwater Branksome recently and it was only due to having to take the OH with me, that I am not now viewing the Estate :D:D:D

They also have an outside pizza shack as well and tbh I'm getting in the car right now :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
As soon as I see the menu and table I knew where you had been.

I like to visit the 'Dripping' places as you know they've not got there by spending too much and the food, drink, views are to die for.
I nearly got adopted by a dripping on my visit to the Rockwater Branksome recently and it was only due to having to take the OH with me, that I am not now viewing the Estate :D:D:D

They also have an outside pizza shack as well and tbh I'm getting in the car right now :cry:
:cry:

The Pizza was flying out the door their as we was eating our food, nice to see a dual fuel oven in a pub tbh, didn't expect that :D

Soldato
:cry:

The Pizza was flying out the door their as we was eating our food, nice to see a dual fuel oven in a pub tbh, didn't expect that :D

They really mix the local and their own cuisine well, which makes a change to see a pub that does pizza and Greek/Cyprus/Turkish bites on the same menu as Rye bay scallops and Bass in local sourced green.

Look them up online and see their other places and is worth dropping them an email because they will send you plenty of offers.

Last edited:
Associate
They really mix the local and their own cuisine well, which makes a change to see a pub that does pizza and Greek/Cyprus/Turkish bites on the same menu as Rye bay scallops and Bass in local sourced green.

Look them up online and see their other places and is worth dropping them an email because they will send you plenty of offers.
Ahh I see, thats what was moving along, Keebabs ?. honestly I didn't have my best glasses on for the occasion.
Thanks for the hot tip!

Soldato
1000077086-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom