The **Now Eating** Thread

No salad cream in here...

Tuna, cucumber and lettuce with some sea salt and Chardonnay wine vinegar crisps.... oooh I say :D

20130509130817086.jpg

No salad cream in here...

Tuna, cucumber and lettuce with some sea salt and Chardonnay wine vinegar crisps.... oooh I say :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img802/6569/20130509130817086.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]White bread? :(

I'm nomming a ham and cheese baguette. Been eating it for an hour now.. still have 1/4 of it left. Must not waste..... must.. not... waste >_<

using up the fridge contents.

So made a frankfurter, cheese slices, jalapeno's and tomato sauce toastie for lunch.

Wonderful - tasted great!!!

Goat moussaka. Minced the mince as well.
4kilos of goat trim £12
photomay09213617.jpg

About 1kilo of fat trimmed off.
photomay09213630.jpg

One of the best bits of kit I own.
As well as a metal bowl frozen into a plastic bowl to keep everything ice cold.
photomay09214300.jpg

Frying it up
photomay09213703.jpg

Food time
photomay09214048.jpg

Rest of mince is to make sausages with, possibly tomorrow if I CBA

Last edited:
I have never tried goat, would like to try it. One thing I would ask though - in the last photo, the moussaka looks a little oily (not sure if it's just the photo - I know it often does end up a bit oily from the lamb mince and the cheese etc) - is it quite a fatty meat even though you took a lot of fat off?

Does it need to be cooked slowly? I've only ever seen it in stews, curries etc.

Last edited:
Oil clots, I wouldn't say it's insanely fatty.
But as I'm skint this month, this is goat trimmings, mainly from belly area, so this stuff is very fatty, like any belly meat. This meat is also more fatty than other goat I've purchased. Goat is meant to be pretty lean, but this stuff is far from lean, even the chops I have, have far more fat than photos on google.
First time I've purchased anything other than cubed, so I'm no expert.

Depends on age of goat and cut, but pretty much all recipes slow cook, due to where goat is mainly eaten, it's any age live stock.

If you don't fancy cooking it until you've tried it, go try a goat curry from somewhere. Las iguanas chane do goat curry with fried plantain. Oh god, goat curry with fried plantain is lush.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom