The **Now Eating** Thread

That's more like a meal for one!

I got 2 meals out of it, maybe could have got 3 but I like man size portions :)

For lunch today I have just had this Rustler clone quarter pounder burger from Aldi, very satisfying and only cost 85p. Bargain! :cool:

1447207073.jpg

You should read the rest of the label, The beef burger is actually 85% beef. The 46% claim is relating to the whole package as it contains a burger bun, cheese slice, and ketchup as well. Doh! :)

At 85p though do you really think you are getting a decent bit of beef? No offence to you if you like it, you like it.. but I wouldn't put anything like that in my body.
I suggest you watch a documentary called Food, Inc. It's a great program and uncovers the truth about where your food really comes from and what happens to it.

I'm very weary of foods now after this!

At 85p though do you really think you are getting a decent bit of beef? No offence to you if you like it, you like it.. but I wouldn't put anything like that in my body.
I suggest you watch a documentary called Food, Inc. It's a great program and uncovers the truth about where your food really comes from and what happens to it.

I'm very weary of foods now after this!

I never said it was top quality food. I just saw them when I was in Aldi the other day and I thought why not. It's not any worse than a kebab or any takeaway for that matter.

Also "beef" just means "cow" so when McDonald's shout 100% beef, what it means is 100% cow. Not 100% quality cuts.

I never said it was top quality food. I just saw them when I was in Aldi the other day and I thought why not. It's not any worse than a kebab or any takeaway for that matter.

Heaven forbid somebody should knowingly make a poor food choice once in a blue moon :rolleyes::p

I imagine it's hardly the staple of your diet and in the grand scheme of things like you say no worse that the local takeaway, which has no trace-ability at all!, or numerous alcoholic drinks people guzzle down at the weekend.

Sometimes 'crap' food just tastes good and that's all that matters :D

You see I don't find that crap food tastes good. Don't get me wrong a burger or a pizza is necessary at times, but at least from a decent place that prepares them well. Not just for the sake of having rubbish food.

However, everyone has different tastes I agree - sometimes a cheap burger can hit the spot for some people but people also have to accept it's not what others would consider a worthwhile expense even at 85p.

I had just finished a 7 hour shift 5am-12pm and I hadn't ate all day and only had a 15 min coffee break at 10am-ish. (We don't all work 9-5 with 1hr lunch and upteen breaks throughout the day.)

I needed something hot and satisfying quick to hit that spot. Not spend ages preparing a wholesome meal. Geeze!

Confit chicken, ridiculous amount of roast potatoes, ridiculous amount of kale, ridiculous amount of broccoli and drizzles with reduce chicken jus from the confit. Tasty and crazy filling for about 750 kcal.

Back
Top Bottom