The OCUk, advert free youtube player. For FREE!

Soldato
I can’t be the only one who watches their YouTube mainly through the TV. None of these ways blocking ads works on the TV. Not without some home brew hacking into the streaming app in the Amazon fire tv or Apple TV or the Smart TV OS.

linus made a video years ago about blocking ads on your internet rougher so all connected devices don’t receive ads

Soldato
I can’t be the only one who watches their YouTube mainly through the TV. None of these ways blocking ads works on the TV. Not without some home brew hacking into the streaming app in the Amazon fire tv or Apple TV or the Smart TV OS.
Subscribing does, even if it is in Argentina :)

Soldato
But the adverts pay for the content? I'd never dream of finding a loophole around it. It's people's livelihood.

I can understand finding ways to block ITVs adverts because they're a big corporate machine but YouTube is full of ordinary people like you and me. Trying to earn a living by making great content. I'm subscribed to over 50 people on YouTube, all of which I respect. I'd never dream of robbing them of their income.
Maybe they should just get a real job instead?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Buy YouTube premium for 50p a month via India. No adverts and can download. Supports all device types.

Winning
I tried this with VPN, but it asks for an Indian address for the credit card used, put in a random one and off course the payment fails as the address does not match the one for the card... How did you get round that?

Soldato
I tried this with VPN, but it asks for an Indian address for the credit card used, put in a random one and off course the payment fails as the address does not match the one for the card... How did you get round that?
You don’t need to mess around with that.

Just connect to India via VPN, log into your UK account and you’ll see the price in rupees.

Pay with your UK card.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
You don’t need to mess around with that.

Just connect to India via VPN, log into your UK account and you’ll see the price in rupees.

Pay with your UK card.
Just tried again and this time it worked, not sure why it was different. Price was £13 for 1 year though, ill take that.

Soldato
What faff? It literally takes seconds to install uBlock Origin.
Which is fine on a computer but what about when watching on a phone or tv?

It’s such an insignificant amount of money to pay for premium that it’s not even worth moaning about. Works out around 4p per day, when my YouTube consumption is more than any other service it’s a price worth paying for a hassle free experience.

Man of Honour
I don't care, their livelihood is not my responsibility.

Pretty mean spirited thing to say.

But the adverts pay for the content? I'd never dream of finding a loophole around it. It's people's livelihood.

I can understand finding ways to block ITVs adverts because they're a big corporate machine but YouTube is full of ordinary people like you and me. Trying to earn a living by making great content. I'm subscribed to over 50 people on YouTube, all of which I respect. I'd never dream of robbing them of their income.

Absolutely - albeit YouTube is being a bit of a nob with ads lately to the point it is ruining good content and trying to irritate people into premium with cycles of disruptive ads followed by a campaign of pushing premium. But still at the end of the day it is how many of these content creators can continue to create content.

Soldato
Which is fine on a computer but what about when watching on a phone or tv?

It’s such an insignificant amount of money to pay for premium that it’s not even worth moaning about. Works out around 4p per day, when my YouTube consumption is more than any other service it’s a price worth paying for a hassle free experience.

I don't watch Youtube on my phone, I use my phone for making phone calls and sending texts. And I don't watch it via my TV either, why would I when I have a PC in the same room?

Soldato
urgh. Changed my password... forgot about vanced. Now I can't use it anymore. Damnit. I am at breaking point and considering paying to get rid of these adverts on TV. Now it's back on my phone, where I watch the most.. oh man. Adverts.. seriously, puts me off watching anything.

Soldato
OP
urgh. Changed my password... forgot about vanced. Now I can't use it anymore. Damnit. I am at breaking point and considering paying to get rid of these adverts on TV. Now it's back on my phone, where I watch the most.. oh man. Adverts.. seriously, puts me off watching anything.
The adverts are now so intrusive that I use this player to watch longer clips and music. Surely by now google AI must know that I don't take any notice of the adverts or buy anything that they recommend.

Soldato
The adverts are now so intrusive that I use this player to watch longer clips and music. Surely by now google AI must know that I don't take any notice of the adverts or buy anything that they recommend.
You would hope. (sad face).. This year they really seemed to have ramped up in volume. When I watch something on TV or cast it... I just go back to my phone... or at least I did...

Back
Top Bottom