• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 1080 Overclocking Thread***

Caporegime
OP
Almost forgot, if you are not interested in "online piddling contests" what are you doing in this thread, overclocking on its own is the ultimate piddling contest lol.

Omg just post your clocks mate :)

Last time I looked overclocking and its ethos is getting performance for free...

Last edited:
Soldato
So you or the OP will be updating it so all the information is available in one place?

If people just post randomly by the time the thread gets to any length no one will bother sifting through it.

Do you guys think I should stop doing any threads? If the majority think I should stop I am quite happy never to do another thread.:)

Almost forgot, if you are not interested in "online piddling contests" what are you doing in this thread, overclocking on its own is the ultimate piddling contest lol.

No it's not, it's interesting to see what guys/girls can do with their cards with reference to clocks, not just post pics to get on some lame 'role of honour'.

The actual useful information in your threads tends to get lost with all the 'OMG look at me!!!!' photos. Nobody cares if you buy a 1080 as little as anyone cares if I buy one. It's what you do with it that's more interesting. For me anyway.

Anyway, what's your clocks?

Caporegime
Idle or under full load?

36C under full load overclocked even under water I am calling BS.

MSI Seahawk 1080 in custom loop with 360 rad and CPU

GPU Max Clock 2012
Memory +400 from base

Max temp 72 which was in Overwatch at 2560x1080 with all settings at Ultra @ 144Hz gsync

Mines 29c under full load but I still doubt his IHT his predator. Mine has three rads on it.

Soldato
If you want to know what people do with their cards you could always look in any of the game bench threads lol.

As to what peoples clocks are, it is pointless even posting in this thread without a proper format to use.

Ok, then don't post in this thread. Really, absolutely nobody cares. You appear to be upset over this thread for no reason. It's kinda baffling. It's a forum man, not true love.

Caporegime
Mine is a bit pants in the OC department sadly :(

Gigabyte G1 gaming.
2050 Max on the core and +400 on the mem before artifacts appear. Temp is roughly 75C in the hot summer though, so not too bad for that.

Associate
EVGA SC 1080 SLI, [email protected] (1.37v) all under a custom single loop - 1x360 + 1x240 rads.

Tested them before putting in the loop on air. They boosted no oc to c. 1910Mhz, mem +500, wouldn't hold though due to temps and dropped to mid 1800's.

In loop, after 2 hours gaming (not a 5 minute benchmark that my cards can run faster, but aren't real life stable) not OC:

1936Mhz/Standard mem @ 43-48C

Overclocked (using a custom curve):

2088Mhz/+500 mem @ 47-52C

Worth noting - my stock clocks/overclocks were higher by about c.20Mhz a month or so ago. Changed overnight when I updated drivers.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got two msi 1080 armour

Both with kraken G10 and duel rads attached.

Clocks are 2088 after a few hours of intense gaming (Gta V max settings at 4k) gaming
With the memory having a 250mhz overclock applied (any higher and it artifacts during single gpu gaming)

Temps never go above 60 with the fans set to lowest. If I up the fans a little I get to about 53-54 after a few hours gaming

Soldato
Also anyone with an FE

Tip,

Get a Fan blowing directly over the back end of the card.

I've taken nearly 20c off my temps..

20?! Even 10 I would find astonishing but possible but 20? Assumin you mean load temps. So around 80s to 60s with a fan blowing on the reference plastic backplate? Erm...

Caporegime
OP
20?! Even 10 I would find astonishing but possible but 20? Assumin you mean load temps. So around 80s to 60s with a fan blowing on the reference plastic backplate? Erm...

yeah I was getting 89 c when running in game

Now I'm getting 72

drop of 17c

Its a gentle typhoon blowing over the back end of the card.

On the inside of the side of the case.

http://www.zalman.com/contents/products/view.html?no=99

Soldato
That sounds very high! I got a 140 mm Noctua Industrial directly (well half) in line with the stack of cards and don't see a drop that big, even with the thing at 3000 RPM and only a single card in I saw 3-4 degrees but miles off 20 degrees. Curious what was the Fan RPM / clock speed at those settings. I find if there is headroom, the card will just boost higher so temps just get warm again unless using a crazy high fan profile.

Soldato
One of mine runs happy at 2.164ghz. The other will only manage just over 2.1ghz though.

Not that I'm really bothered. Talking less than 1fps between the two.

Both cards run together low to mid 40's under water.

Permabanned
I've given up overclocking this card, it's fine at stock.

Increasing the core speed from 1800 to 2000 isn't going to make much difference and the card already runs quite hot in some games, Mafia 3 seems to raise it above 80C which surprised me a little, hoped 3rd party coolers would have done a better job.

Back
Top Bottom