*** The official 2023 Mac mini thread (it has the M2 chip and everything!) ***

Commissario
OP
I've heard the base SSD isn't good, is it that bad really?
It’s not bad. It’s small and it’s not as fast than the smallest one in the previous model but by no stretch of the imagination can it be called bad.

I’d really like a Mac Mini for my office computer but I still need Parallels to run an old version of OSX for two particular pieces of software. Very frustrating.

Commissario
OP
Looks as though I could be grabbing a Mini next year sometime to use in the office. I won't need much, it'll largely be used to rdp into a work laptop. I'll be replacing a 2017 iMac so I'll need a display as well. At the moment I have the iMac and an Asus 28" monitor so perhaps I should get another one to give me a pair. I won't need high spec, basic model with a bit more memory and perhaps an ssd size increase.

Commissario
OP
If you are using it to rdp, might aswell get the M1 base model as they are cheap now.
The M1 version would do perfectly but I can’t bring myself to buy one that’s effectively a three year old model because it will potentially go obsolete three years earlier than if I buy the current gen when I’m ready.

Back
Top Bottom