• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

Soldato
Surely the hassle of buying and changing motherboards, negates the price increase for DDR5?

What, like 2 hours worth of work? Gives you a good excuse to take the whole thing apart and clean out all the dust etc, and re-paste the CPU etc. which far too few people do. The amount of dirty and dusty systems I get with faults to fix is un-real sometimes, it is no wonder they get hot, or shut down.

Caporegime
I didn't realise how much OCUK were marking up DDR5! No wonder some of you want to stick with DDR4

I got some 4800mhz cas 38 for £230. In a year we'll probably have 7000mhz cas 32

Caporegime
I'm up and running!!

Asus Z690-A Strix Gaming D4
16GB (2x8GB) of DDR4 Lurpack 3600Mhz C16 stuff (had it at 14/14/14 on 5600x at 3800Mhz).

Only niggle I had is that I couldn't get the 280mm Freezer 2 to mount well even though I had the pcb cover removed. Will try again when the LGA1700 mounting kit arrives (got an old 120mm Ryou thing that fits fine, Asus board have both 1700 and 115x mounting holes).

Just updated drivers and bios atm but seems good so far (at XMP).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
You had a BIOS update already?! Gigabyte are still looking into some XMP issues it seems going by the Auros Twitter account as they responded to my reply there. In the meantime I am running at XMP speeds manually so all good.

Nice to be up and running though eh!

I don't actually know what else to try now lol. Done benches, gaming etc. Just carry on with normal work I guess just enjoy the faster speeds and a bit above room temp thermals hah, something I've never had on any build before let alone a pretty top end one!

Caporegime
Nice to be up and running though eh!

Hells yeah! Just glad I had the spare AiO, but come to think of it prob got an old half-decent heatsink that'd do the job too lol. Bios released few days back but dated early Oct! Am guessing we'll all have a fair few bios updates to do this next six months or so to iron out problems and increase performance.

120mm AiO is ok, but I know when I start to push it I'll be saturating it a bit so the 280mm will be useful in that regard :)

If I can get a 5Ghz all-core clock out of it at a decent voltage and thermals I'll be happy :cool:

Soldato
Hells yeah! Just glad I had the spare AiO, but come to think of it prob got an old half-decent heatsink that'd do the job too lol. Bios released few days back but dated early Oct! Am guessing we'll all have a fair few bios updates to do this next six months or so to iron out problems and increase performance.

120mm AiO is ok, but I know when I start to push it I'll be saturating it a bit so the 280mm will be useful in that regard :)

If I can get a 5Ghz all-core clock out of it at a decent voltage and thermals I'll be happy :cool:
Would be very interested to see how you get on with Neon Noir bench ;)
Crytek Neon Noir Bench | Overclockers UK Forums

Caporegime
If anyone is interested here is an Aida Cache Benchie with my DDR4 at 3800 16/16/16 (can get 14's on my X570, just take some more tweaking). Ring Cache at 41 and Gear 1;

image.png

Soldato
If anyone is interested here is an Aida Cache Benchie with my DDR4 at 3800 16/16/16 (can get 14's on my X570, just take some more tweaking). Ring Cache at 41 and Gear 1;

image.png

And people were worried about DDR5 latency, shows how they never understood how it works. DDR5 @ CL32 gets 50ns which is lower than your CL16 DDR4

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Hmm any alternative apps that will do it perhaps that is open source etc? Would be interested to test mine as am looking at 3600MHz CL14 32GB kit to upgrade to from this Vengeance 3600MHz C18.

Back
Top Bottom